Ground lease with Bulls

Rambo

11 hours ago, myview said:

It's already difficult to exit the ground after a game and it will be impossible if Bradford come to our ground. Can you imagine coaches and cars trying to enter the ground, or exit onto Owl Lane just as a taxi wants to enter to pick up a fare after the game?  What will the tail back from the traffic lights be like?  Will traffic from the Ossett side be stopped to let the match traffic leave the ground ? This needs some serious thought from somebody.

Happy thinking!

Well, give me five minutes and I can also come up with a host of problems. The way to success is in finding solutions.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an outsider looking in,I have no doubt that Dewsbury will have agreed a rental fee per match.

As a Swinton Lions fan who is used to seeing us rent grounds I would think that Dewsbury will use their own staff for the bar,like Sale FC do at Swinton games.Dewsbury will no doubt get the bar receipts,rightly as they will be the ones who will be buying the supplies in and paying the bar staff.No doubt any other non security staff Dewsbury use will be paid for out of the rent,bar bills and general refreshments.Bradford will no doubt keep every penny of their gate reciepts.

As with Swinton at Sale the stewarding will be paid for by Bradford as they will probably have their own security arrangements and contracts.

And as with Sale FC,who have done very well out of Swinton Lions(we have no doubt paid for the refurbished club house etc)Dewsbury will do very well from any deal.

20 hours ago, myview said:

It's already difficult to exit the ground after a game and it will be impossible if Bradford come to our ground. Can you imagine coaches and cars trying to enter the ground, or exit onto Owl Lane just as a taxi wants to enter to pick up a fare after the game?  What will the tail back from the traffic lights be like?  Will traffic from the Ossett side be stopped to let the match traffic leave the ground ? This needs some serious thought from somebody.

Happy thinking!

so its easy to park and get away from odsal !!!!

Remember 19 years ago when Dewsbury were denied their rightful promotion to Super League ostensibly because the ground was deemed not to be up to standard?

I find it galling that the likes of Bradford and Wakefield - who were both flying high at that time and whose only concern with Dewsbury then was to try and attract fans in the area - are now coming to us cap in hand for help because they've not managed to keep their own houses in order. Were it not for the fact that this is a much-needed income stream (and I hope we are getting a lot more than the 2k a match that has been mentioned) then I would happily have told Bradford to shove it.

Also hope some of their fans will be a bit more humble than on previous visits when they've seen fit to mock our ground.

35 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Let's wait and see whether it happens, it's noting more than a few articles at the moment.

Including the one in League Express quoting our chairman saying that it is a done deal and that Bradford will be with us for the next two years, subject to RFL agreement.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

On 17/08/2019 at 12:49, Blind side johnny said:

It is worth noting that they are offering season ticket for £199 standing (ours were £185 this year) and £225 seated (£200 for us). I wouldn't be surprised to see ours being the same as theirs for 2020. More money for team-building?

If the rumoured figure of 2k per week is true then it is only going to make Bradford stronger as they will have a significant amount of cash available to them with the saving on the rent at Odsal. Until the details of the deal are known my fear is that we may have sold ourselves short

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

It is worth noting that they are offering season ticket for £199 standing (ours were £185 this year) and £225 seated (£200 for us). I wouldn't be surprised to see ours being the same as theirs for 2020. More money for team-building?

I'm surprised there ain't some kind of link up as in bulls fans get into our matches for a fiver and Rams fans can get into their home games for a fiver ,cross over opportunities for the savvy

2 hours ago, scally said:

If the rumoured figure of 2k per week is true then it is only going to make Bradford stronger as they will have a significant amount of cash available to them with the saving on the rent at Odsal. Until the details of the deal are known my fear is that we may have sold ourselves short

Savings on the rent will be about £40k, the main savings for them will be on the significantly reduced maintenance costs. There will still be some of these that they will pay at our ground but the costs at Odsal are enormous and have been for many years. Overall Bradford have been saying that they anticipate gross cost savings of £400k pa.

Whilst that sounds considerable it doesn't take into account any equvalent reduction in income which must be inevitable given that a fair number of people will decide that they don't want to travel to our place on a regular basis. What the overall benefit to them will be is hard to be precise about, therefore, but it should be significant, at least in the first instance. If they fail to gain promotion to SL in 2020 however, then the calculations may need some revision; they are gambling upon this and it is unclear how much is being sunk into this effort.

As far as we are aware Bradford have no big money man behind them, even if the costs from their original three years must have been considerable and, I would guess, exceeding their income. The whole sport will watch the development of their club with great interest, I'm sure.

59 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Savings on the rent will be about £40k, the main savings for them will be on the significantly reduced maintenance costs. There will still be some of these that they will pay at our ground but the costs at Odsal are enormous and have been for many years. Overall Bradford have been saying that they anticipate gross cost savings of £400k pa.

Whilst that sounds considerable it doesn't take into account any equvalent reduction in income which must be inevitable given that a fair number of people will decide that they don't want to travel to our place on a regular basis. What the overall benefit to them will be is hard to be precise about, therefore, but it should be significant, at least in the first instance. If they fail to gain promotion to SL in 2020 however, then the calculations may need some revision; they are gambling upon this and it is unclear how much is being sunk into this effort.

As far as we are aware Bradford have no big money man behind them, even if the costs from their original three years must have been considerable and, I would guess, exceeding their income. The whole sport will watch the development of their club with great interest, I'm sure.

Accounts for the second year of their existence due in October. It will be interesting to see how much (more) they 'borrowed' during their L1 sojourn.

Why do you think they are moving away from Odsal Les. Expect a big loss this year.Somebody,somewhere is subsidising the loss,even though everybody is saying Mr. Chalmers does not have any money.One thing is for sure,it will not be the R.F.L.I wonder if Mr. Wood is splashing the cash, who knows.

On 19/08/2019 at 20:13, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Accounts for the second year of their existence due in October. It will be interesting to see how much (more) they 'borrowed' during their L1 sojourn.

You will see a similar loss to 2017 season, once again covered by the owners.

19 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

You will see a similar loss to 2017 season, once again covered by the owners.

Owners or shareholders?

But if you go to NZ companies house, gives you more info. 

But not that much.

But not that much.

It's quite complicated, but when you go to Orcas on NZ companies house. You have 2 shareholders in Andrew Chalmers and FourFourOne investments.

https://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/companies/app/ui/pages/companies/1388503/detail#

When you go into FourFourOne investments you have a new name pop up of Danielle Christoffersen

https://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/companies/app/ui/pages/companies/5593625/shareholdings

So we have another business and director/shareholder involved in NZ.

5 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

It's quite complicated, but when you go to Orcas on NZ companies house. You have 2 shareholders in Andrew Chalmers and FourFourOne investments.

https://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/companies/app/ui/pages/companies/1388503/detail#

When you go into FourFourOne investments you have a new name pop up of Danielle Christoffersen

https://app.companiesoffice.govt.nz/companies/app/ui/pages/companies/5593625/shareholdings

So we have another business and director/shareholder involved in NZ.

She is a director but the shareholding is in AC's name. I suspect that she is an employee of the solicitors where the company is registered - quite a common practice.

I couldn't find any accounts posted though - has anybody else?

Archived