Ground lease with Bulls

Rambo

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, NickD said:

This has resulted in much blustering by Bulls fans on the main forum - RFL treating Bradford unfairly; conflict of interest; nobody likes us..........................

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

15 hours ago, NickD said:

RFL not happy. Course they aren't, they now have a shortfall of 70k rent, and will presumably have to fund the 100k + maintenance costs. Cue the Bulls to be back at Odsal next year under more favorable terms - which will probably coincide with their return to SL. :kolobok_resent:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

2 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

RFL not happy. Course they aren't, they now have a shortfall of 70k rent, and will presumably have to fund the 100k + maintenance costs. Cue the Bulls to be back at Odsal next year under more favorable terms - which will probably coincide with their return to SL. :kolobok_resent:

If no professional sport is being played at Odsal why would the RFL have to pay any maintenance costs?

AC has stated categorically that the Bulls will never return to Odsal, and he is a man of his word.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

If no professional sport is being played at Odsal why would the RFL have to pay any maintenance costs?

AC has stated categorically that the Bulls will never return to Odsal, and he is a man of his word.

If the rumours are to be believed, if no rugby is played there the lease ends and the Council get the land back to do with as they wish.

2 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

If the rumours are to be believed, if no rugby is played there the lease ends and the Council get the land back to do with as they wish.

That is also my understanding, but if I recall correctly it had to be pro RL.

8 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Not quite the same I know, but we put my late mum's house on the market a few years back. Council tax, maintenance costs (gardener, cleaner, window cleaner) and services cost us over 3k, despite nobody living there. I assume there will be ongoing costs for the RFL.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

16 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Not quite the same I know, but we put my late mum's house on the market a few years back. Council tax, maintenance costs (gardener, cleaner, window cleaner) and services cost us over 3k, despite nobody living there. I assume there will be ongoing costs for the RFL.

Council tax maybe. All the other costs, and staff, were associated with the Bulls so I wouldn't expect anything but the minimum to fall on the RFL.

They will have the headache of how to deal with the remainder of the lease I know but would assume that some "imaginative" discussions will take place between them and the council. The latter will be keen to get developers in both there and the Richard Dunn centre as soon as possible I reckon and to get them both off their hands.

After maintenance, I imagine Bradford's biggest outgoing to play at Odsal would be business rates (around £52k if my limited understanding of how they are calculated is correct). Given the 'rateable value' of Odsal (£105k) they would still be payable (by the RFL) even if no business is operating from there.

5 hours ago, ernieone said:

Will be a tight fit at Dewsbury with all the Bulls staff (admin and coaching staff) + all the merchandise the bulls stock, unless they have had a end of season sale.

Bradford will simply be using the pitch on match days, not moving their whole operation.

Facts eh, Ernie - who needs 'em?

I think this will cost them a few fans and with reported money troubles still rumbling in the background , how long before they default on the rent? Sad that we don't focus on developing local talent and the game in general. Instead it's just being ruined by greed and money like most things these days 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

2 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

I think this will cost them a few fans and with reported money troubles still rumbling in the background , how long before they default on the rent? Sad that we don't focus on developing local talent and the game in general. Instead it's just being ruined by greed and money like most things these days 

I suspect that you are correct with the first assumption PM and it is pertinent that their season tickets are already up for sale. That is a business desperately in need of some positive cash flow.

Defaulting on the rent would be annoying but simple to solve - they wouldn't be allowed to use the ground. It would be a loss of some income but without accruing any additional costs in the process, I would hope.

Greed and money runs the country and sports aren't far behind.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Bradford will simply be using the pitch on match days, not moving their whole operation.

Facts eh, Ernie - who needs 'em?

So you are saying Bradford are staying at Odsal for training, office duties and physio?

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

18 minutes ago, ernieone said:

So you are saying Bradford are staying at Odsal for training, office duties and physio?

I'm saying that they aren't moving these functions to Tetley Stadium. Where they are actually going to be is of no real interest to me, although I believe that they have a training base at Tong.

Perhaps they could take over one of the many empty shops in Dewsbury?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

52 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I suspect that you are correct with the first assumption PM and it is pertinent that their season tickets are already up for sale. That is a business desperately in need of some positive cash flow.

Defaulting on the rent would be annoying but simple to solve - they wouldn't be allowed to use the ground. It would be a loss of some income but without accruing any additional costs in the process, I would hope.

Greed and money runs the country and sports aren't far behind.

Put on sale with the tag line '20/20 Vision - Destination Super League'  and the announced move from Odsal on the same day. It would appear they misspelt Dewsbury.........

Archived