Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Hallucinating Goose

Awful RL shirts (enter at your own risk)

We've had a few 'favourite shirt' threads recently so I thought it might be fun to delve into the rather large world of awful rugby league shirts.

So what's the worst shirt your club has done and/or what is the worst shirt of all time? 

How about Blackpool Borough's plain grey away shirt of the late 1980s? Went a colourful treat with the usual white shorts and black socks.

Edited by Hopping Mad

This is by no means comprhensive but I've always hated the following examples bad taste,lacking adventure, delusions of grandeur when clearly they have no talent for design:

wig1.PNG.a87eda30cc380a7843a33c4de41ae5f0.PNG

wig2.PNG.a4ee62695c74ba0c42a046d6435addec.PNG

wig3.PNG.0fddd338bbac7e83032345486b92524e.PNG

Edited by Oxford
  • Like 1
  • Haha 10

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.”    

spacer.png

There’s nothing about this shirt that’s a Wigan shirt. Whoever designed this and then whoever at Wigan that give this the green light should have been sacked. 

As for Saints, people hate the below. I see why, it’s not the most traditional but personally, it’s that reason why I love it so much. 

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Every time I see this one I think, "Why?" Just awful, especially when those early Powers Bitter shirts were so good.

A classic because we are still talking about that shirt.?

Rochdale Hornets 2014 away kit was always one that comes to mind, it's supposed to represent tne members but looks like a horrible harlequins shirt, to top it all off we don't win a game in it.

download.jpeg

Edited by The Lad
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

We've had a few 'favourite shirt' threads recently so I thought it might be fun to delve into the rather large world of awful rugby league shirts.

So what's the worst shirt your club has done and/or what is the worst shirt of all time? 

The one with Ferres 16 on the back,closely followed by Briscoe 2

• Haha 1

The Huddersfield "fireworks" kit from a few years ago divided opinions; some hated it, some loathed it.

Edited by Futtocks

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

4 minutes ago, RugbyLeagueMan said:

Nah that a classic....hence why Classic have brought it back. One of the most sought after jerseys downunder.

I think that says more about Australian's fashion sense than anything else apart from Nathan Browns collars!😱

22 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

I think that says more about Australian's fashion sense than anything else apart from Nathan Browns collars!😱

Australian fashion

ECKSf2YXsAEstd2?format=jpg&name=large

• Haha 2

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)