Thorman

Callum Linford 98

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with Callum n town Utd. We got a good coach, got the experience of super league with Huddersfield and played for a few clubs,and he got the lads playing well on a good run now. Imagine if we had a full squad  and a few more numbers to play with, and like  Miller , field house etc.  I hope he signs on,  he came in part way through season, imagine with a full preseason with Chris and got them playing from game 1.

I would not take it to badly about Rooney being our next coach,This lad has been a succesful coach at wath brow for a lot of years and an international coach has well.If town can keep a few of our lads for next season and if Mr Rooney can persuade a few from the Brow to join him we won't be to bad off.I have heard the coach from leigh miners is joining him and by all accounts he has a few top players to bring with him also,We can now see that a good local coach can deliver the goods has Gary charlton has done at Haven,And Gary did not do a bad job whilst at town,I have seen wath brow a few times and they are a well drilled side with some good players to boot,hence they are top of the league so far,anyway,I have not heard he has signed just yet, but let's give him a chance and maybe he will do a good job for Workington town....

't

Would love Chris to stay on but hes too good for this level and should be coaching super league, whi else is there except Rooney?

1 hour ago, David69 said:

What about Chris and Rooney as assistant .? I don't know how often the brow train etc.is that too 2 bigger jobs to do both  assistant and coach brow? Opinions

Could never see Rooney being assistant to anyone. He is more than capable of coaching at this level. We harp on about attracting the top amateurs in the county. Rooney is the best coach in the county! And probably has been for the past 10 years with his record speaking for itself. He could prove to be that missing link between the semi pro level and the conference that has been missing for a while now. 

In the amateur game player's make coach's, team with best players win,at pro level it's a different ball game, more work with preparing the team,and managing the club.also why would amateur player's sign next season  instead of before when town have a super League level coach now?

Unless Thorman reneiges on his Union commitment for the 2 seasons after this then we need to plan for the future without his undoubted talents. Rooney, with his proven track record is a no-brainer if,indeed ,he has committed to Town for the future. We desperately need to tap into the local talent pool - including the Furness area where we have traditionally recruited so many good players. 

On 17/08/2019 at 22:45, pmac said:

well if the rumours are true is CT not off to hkr as smiths assistant and rooney from wath brow coming in with a assistant from leigh miners thou i would like CT to stay on.

Alan Coleman who he worked with I think at England lions level is now Swintons number two 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

25 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

Alan Coleman who he worked with I think at England lions level is now Swintons number two 

He was the community lions U19s coach and also coached the U23s at the commonwealth 9s in Queensland 

35 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

Rooney’s a very good coach his record speaks for itself and on the flip side Thorman is the coach we’ve needed for a while everyone speaks so highly of him 

big decision for the board 

Surely an even bigger decision for Chris Thorman?  He is seemingly committed to a Union coaching role closer to his home .  The other imponderable is where we end up now under his tutelage? If he achieves the unlikely goal of promotion via the playoffs it would be a huge endorsement of his influence - but if we fall back into the ranks of the also-rans and remain in the basement division how attractive would such a scenario be for someone with his pedigree?

Thorman all day long , but all we hear on the grapevine is that he’s just filling in until his next job begins . And honestly he’s way to good for this level anyway , he’s got SL asst written all over him 

While there is no denying Chris is a excellent coach a few points to consider .

Just like Leon he has failed to find the consistency required in this league to win out right promotion ,to achieve this we need to winning away games against the likes of hunslet ,haven , Newcastle,Donny etc.Yes we beat Oldham first game of the season but since then our away form in particular has been very up and down .

Secondly I think in the long run Ian Rooney is the better option ,the only way we can win promotion and not come right back down is build a solid base of local experienced players ,topped up with a a couple of quality overseas or ex SL players .We have to get away from the merry go round of local and travelling players leaving each season

1 hour ago, Brad hepis heed said:

While there is no denying Chris is a excellent coach a few points to consider .

Just like Leon he has failed to find the consistency required in this league to win out right promotion ,to achieve this we need to winning away games against the likes of hunslet ,haven , Newcastle,Donny etc.Yes we beat Oldham first game of the season but since then our away form in particular has been very up and down .

Secondly I think in the long run Ian Rooney is the better option ,the only way we can win promotion and not come right back down is build a solid base of local experienced players ,topped up with a a couple of quality overseas or ex SL players .We have to get away from the merry go round of local and travelling players leaving each season

Did you expect Thorman to come into the club in the shape it was in and find consistency? Really?? 

Hes finally got the team playing well as shown by the Whitehaven Derby performance and I believe we will win our last two home games. 

A local squad with a couple of overseas or ex superleague players won’t survive in the championship 

So you mention winning our last two home games ,but don't mention hunslet away which again is the type of game you need to win during a season to go up automatic,and yes we would need more than a couple of overseas or ex SL in the championship,but we have to get there first and if we had them as well as a locally experience d squad that doesn't change every season ,then we would go up .The big worry is what is going to happen to league 1 in the near future,with the potential for other full time teams to come in and talk if a change to league structure,we run the risk of being cut a drift .

16 minutes ago, Brad hepis heed said:

So you mention winning our last two home games ,but don't mention hunslet away which again is the type of game you need to win during a season to go up automatic,and yes we would need more than a couple of overseas or ex SL in the championship,but we have to get there first and if we had them as well as a locally experience d squad that doesn't change every season ,then we would go up .The big worry is what is going to happen to league 1 in the near future,with the potential for other full time teams to come in and talk if a change to league structure,we run the risk of being cut a drift .

That should have said games. We only have two games left and I think we will win both 

You say about not being cut adrift so do we build local or push the boat out to get out of league one? 

1 hour ago, ihaveatry said:

When you lose players like moi moi and tickle next season see how good of a coach then.

That’s rugby league . Players come and go , you lose players and you recruit new ones . In recent times we’ve usually filled holes pretty well .  That’s not really rocket science 

Archived