Thorman

Callum Linford 98

4 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

Because York are a head and shoulders better team do you think this years Haven would have challenged them or Bulls last year? 

Every part time club in the game should be aspiring to match York on and off the field 

haven beat york last season !!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

Because York are a head and shoulders better team do you think this years Haven would have challenged them or Bulls last year? 

Every part time club in the game should be aspiring to match York on and off the field 

at least ten of their current squad were playing against haven last season and they now have a much bigger squad aswell.

1 hour ago, town4me said:

Point is your going to higher standard.  Look at barrow.  If you think that squad just needs tweaking then i think you're  in for a suprise. Anyway we are expecting plenty of visits  from the dark side in the next few weeks but lets not go off topic. 

And if town win the playoffs how much tweaking will be needed and by the way had a good crack with town fans in the town after the derby and I would like to see youse win the playoffs. Be hard and there'll be some hard away games to win but you never it's certainly possible.

2 minutes ago, donald said:

And if town win the playoffs how much tweaking will be needed and by the way had a good crack with town fans in the town after the derby and I would like to see youse win the playoffs. Be hard and there'll be some hard away games to win but you never it's certainly possible.

A complete overhaul. Some aren’t championship players plenty of others are too old and wouldn’t want to be playing in it. Between the two squads you’d struggle to pick a team that would survive a championship season 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

22 minutes ago, Spike said:

York have been building for a few years and are a club with super league ambitions, whitehaven have a team full of ageing players who will struggle in championship 

York only in the third year of rebuilding now . They never had a team weeks before 2017 season got promoted year later and are flying now. 

4 minutes ago, donald said:

First thing is we need a healthy squad to attack them with . If we’d had that last year I think we’d be in the championship now , that Swinton team was bang average 

11 minutes ago, ihaveatry said:

haven beat york last season !!

And finished how many points behind? They have the perfect coach, then there’s player catchment the stadium the fan base and the support staff doing big things via social media etc that you need 

57 minutes ago, ihaveatry said:

to be fair every coach you,ve had in last several years were the special one only to turn out no good.i suppose eventually you,ll get a good one who knows what hes doing.

Let's be honest we've had our share of duff coaches at Haven over the last decade,I don't think anyone who knows Rugby League doubts Rooney is a very clever and knowledgable coach,that's why Haven wanted him to replace Coyle a few years back.

1 hour ago, town4me said:

Add two halves a hooker and 2 centres. Its not ofter you see  top of the table having the worst points 'for' in the top 6.  If they cant score in C1 then they won't in the league above. Hence i see local players up for grabs for our coach if we don't make it through the playoffs.

For a team that allegedly can't score ,I for one would be happy to have their points F/A and their league position.They have massively over performed this season,while we have massively under performed ,some times you have to give credit where it's due .Different animal next season in the championship,they will struggle big time ,but it's their problem to have not ours .

6 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Let's be honest we've had our share of duff coaches at Haven over the last decade,I don't think anyone who knows Rugby League doubts Rooney is a very clever and knowledgable coach,that's why Haven wanted him to replace Coyle a few years back.

not so much duff coaches as weak sides to coach due to lack of funds.

59 minutes ago, donald said:

They'd need a lot more than tweaking too donald.

58 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

And finished how many points behind? They have the perfect coach, then there’s player catchment the stadium the fan base and the support staff doing big things via social media etc that you need 

they still beat them.haven have the perfect coach thats within a whisker of helping them win a title again.we have a ground,will have over a 1000 fans on average next season,and a board who,ll try and keep things flowing in the right direction to assure haven stay and compete in the championship.whats the difference? 

2 minutes ago, ihaveatry said:

they still beat them.haven have the perfect coach thats within a whisker of helping them win a title again.we have a ground,will have over a 1000 fans on average next season,and a board who,ll try and keep things flowing in the right direction to assure haven stay and compete in the championship.whats the difference? 

Geographical difference for a start. Its always been cumbrians clubs downfall. The bottom  half of the  championship has become a lot more competitive and the relevant players can easily get a club without having  to trail upto cumbria 3/4 times a week. I think york have a backer too.  Big difference between york and you lot I.M.O.  time will tell.

4 minutes ago, town4me said:

Geographical difference for a start. Its always been cumbrians clubs downfall. The bottom  half of the  championship has become a lot more competitive and the relevant players can easily get a club without having  to trail upto cumbria 3/4 times a week. I think york have a backer too.  Big difference between york and you lot I.M.O.  time will tell.

havens been there and done it before and been successful winning the league.its just wishful thinking on your part that they,ll fail before they,ve even kicked off in the championship.heres hoping they prove all the doubters wrong.

1 hour ago, donald said:

Both clubs would need a big squad building exercise to survive in the championship, I said as much last season when we had a chance of going up. It's a very strong league now and is only going to get stronger. I would say you need at least 6 first choice players to even get close to surviving. Do haven have the money for that? 

6 minutes ago, ihaveatry said:

havens been there and done it before and been successful winning the league.its just wishful thinking on your part that they,ll fail before they,ve even kicked off in the championship.heres hoping they prove all the doubters wrong.

That team had the good fortune of having the class of Lester,Fats,Leroy,Penny & Tandy to compliment the locals,somehow I doubt Haven have the funds to replicate that team.

23 minutes ago, ihaveatry said:

A coach who lasted one championship game with Town, a board who had to get the begging bowls out to keep the club afloat and went local out of neccesity, a crowd base of 1k compared to York who are attracting more than double that figure and are a city team with a new stadium near completion

just a few differences for you 

1 minute ago, Davo5 said:

That team had the good fortune of having the class of Lester,Fats,Leroy,Penny & Tandy to compliment the locals,somehow I doubt Haven have the funds to replicate that team.

A one off team like Town had in Mulligan Pickering etc in 

13 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

A coach who lasted one championship game with Town, a board who had to get the begging bowls out to keep the club afloat and went local out of neccesity, a crowd base of 1k compared to York who are attracting more than double that figure and are a city team with a new stadium near completion

just a few differences for you 

horses for courses,charlos doing just fine at haven.they went local out of neccesity yes but thats worked out fine also.york are averaging just over 2000 crowds which is poor considering their a big city with a population of just over 200,000.a brand new stadium doesnt attract more crowds nor does it come with a successful team.  

34 minutes ago, ihaveatry said:

on your part that they,ll fail before they,ve even kicked off in the championship.

No not really. I think they have got there on merit I'm just saying they will need a lot more than tweaking just like we would. I said a few week ago on here and i stand by it that I. M.O the championship is a lot more competitive  and bit beyond cumbrian clubs ATM. 

Give credit where its due ,If Whitehaven do win the league  which looks likely . Good look to them ,its not long ago that most of them were playing for Town and we were singing there names from the terracing . . We have just to concentrate on ourselves and hope we get promoted .  For a long time now people have been saying that the amateur scene in  Cumbria is in decline . well if Town did go up . and we  watched a better standard of Rugby .maybe it would ignite lads, wanting to get into playing .A lot of junior teams cant raise a team some weeks, so the matches are cancelled. this cannot carry on for the future of Rugby League . So what I would like to see in the future is all THREE teams in a higher division to keep the rivalry going between the Clubs .  Come on Town you can do it ,UTT

A lot of people wrote us off this season and we’re now being told we’ve overachieved etc etc. No one that follows Haven expects anything other than a dogfight next season if we go up. The Championship is a different level but one that we want to see. Hopefully if we do go up we can survive. We will need players everyone knows that. I’m sure you would all be saying the same if Town was in this position. As a supporter I will just be happy to be out of this league as I’m sure everyone of you would be. I didn’t expect this at the start of the season but I’m delighted to be here. I couldn’t care less about points difference, the points won are the main thing and at this moment in time we have won more points than any one else in the league.

Good luck for the rest of the season. 

59 minutes ago, Marrafan said:

A lot of people wrote us off this season and we’re now being told we’ve overachieved etc etc. No one that follows Haven expects anything other than a dogfight next season if we go up. The Championship is a different level but one that we want to see. Hopefully if we do go up we can survive. We will need players everyone knows that. I’m sure you would all be saying the same if Town was in this position. As a supporter I will just be happy to be out of this league as I’m sure everyone of you would be. I didn’t expect this at the start of the season but I’m delighted to be here. I couldn’t care less about points difference, the points won are the main thing and at this moment in time we have won more points than any one else in the league.

Good luck for the rest of the season. 

Can't say fairer than that.

Good luck for the rest of this season and next. 

Archived