Thorman

Callum Linford 98

And the jameater ruin another thread, great. 

Getting back to the topic, league express has a rumour thorman is in the running to be assistant manager at Hull KR, and there's no real mention of the union job. Its not inconceivable that he gives back word on the union job, it us allowed and I'd much rather see him stay in our game, even if it isn't at town. He's obviously talented and is a genuinely decent bloke. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 18/08/2019 at 18:39, Town utd said:

In the amateur game player's make coach's, team with best players win,at pro level it's a different ball game, more work with preparing the team,and managing the club.also why would amateur player's sign next season  instead of before when town have a super League level coach now?

Ridiculous comment. Do amateur coaches not train? Set game plans? If anything, they put more work in to the players from a young age to get them to open age standard and have to do more work during the weeks for the team when they find out who is/isn't available, remember these players arent paid to play so will do other things beside rugby. I take it you have never been in a coaching position. It's all well and good getting a "super league level coach" in but getting them from that environment where they have the players day in day out is a massive difference to having 2 nights a week where some cant make it due to shifts etc. On the Haven note, if they get the 4/5 names I've heard they might shock a few if they go up.

18 hours ago, ihaveatry said:

to be fair every coach you,ve had in last several years were the special one only to turn out no good.i suppose eventually you,ll get a good one who knows what hes doing.

Charlo & Jonty?

12 hours ago, Cumbria RL said:

Ian Rooney is a great coach and a great fella, will want the whole running off club but will get Town sorted with the added bonus of With at least 6 lads from the amateur scene ?

We didn't take Rooney as he wanted silly money to take the job.good luck with him hes a cracking coach 

34 minutes ago, ihaveatry said:

We didn't take Rooney as he wanted silly money to take the job.good luck with him hes a cracking coach 

Absolute rubbish,he'd accepted the job despite concerns about finances (well founded),approached players he wanted to sign and had his assistant on board only for the club to slash his playing budget by a third,but don't let facts get in the way of a windup

20 hours ago, dkw said:

Oh look, another daft jameater who knows all about towns finances. It's amazing how you lot know so much 

15 hours ago, dkw said:

Getting back to the topic, league express has a rumour thorman is in the running to be assistant manager at Hull KR, and there's no real mention of the union job. Its not inconceivable that he gives back word on the union job, it us allowed and I'd much rather see him stay in our game, even if it isn't at town. He's obviously talented and is a genuinely decent bloke. 

??

40 minutes ago, ihaveatry said:

Rooney wanted 24k and assistant Coleman 10k which haven turned down laugh all you like that is from a director who turned them down.

9 minutes ago, ihaveatry said:

Rooney wanted 24k and assistant Coleman 10k which haven turned down laugh all you like that is from a director who turned them down.

Tell him to get down to the Santon Bridge Inn,he'll walk the world championship they have there every year !!

15 hours ago, dkw said:

You ruin every thread with your drivel and attempts at sarcasm

2 minutes ago, ihaveatry said:

Why do you think he never got the job then?????

Like I stated previously,he "was" offered the job but they changed the budget,let's face it they have a history of getting their figures wrong.

20 hours ago, town4me said:

Point is your going to higher standard.  Look at barrow.  If you think that squad just needs tweaking then i think you're  in for a suprise. Anyway we are expecting plenty of visits  from the dark side in the next few weeks but lets not go off topic. 

Barrow have had terrible luck with injury’s . They would probably have stayed up otherwise 

9 minutes ago, Nero said:

Do you know where they coached before?

Egremont got rid of him,it was funny seeing him watching Rooney's training sessions on Cleator Moor AstroTurf from his car.I do rate Jonty as do the players at Haven.

31 minutes ago, Egbertnobacon said:

Barrow have had terrible luck with injury’s . They would probably have stayed up otherwise 

So did we when we played in the championship. That’s not a Coincidence it’s a bloody tough league that requires a big squad or good links with higher league clubs 

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

1 hour ago, ihaveatry said:

Right coaches wrong club

I like Charlo and he done a decent job at Town but he probably had a better squad of players than he has with haven so all credit to what he's done this season. Let's not forget that when he lost his assistant coach Oggy he resigned after losing our first home game. Haven are nailed on to go up now and as a Town fan I have mixed feelings about it. Unlike York last year who had 2 great seasons building up to winning the league and got promoted with a strong foundation under them haven haven't got thid. I expected them to struggle this year but they've amazed us all, but I'm afraid that team would need a major overhaul to compete in league one, IMO they only have a handful of players who could hack it at that level, it could turn into a disaster for them. You have had 3 crowds over a thousand this year on the back of being top for most of the season those crowds will plummet if you start getting beat week in week out. You only have to look at Town and Havens crowd figures when we were both in a higher league they were worse than our Championship 1 figures. If Town manage to get promoted this season (no chance) we would be in the same boat it could be a disaster for us. I want out of this league like everyone else but only if we are well prepared to compete, and both clubs are miles away from that. If you think being in the championship guarantees higher crowds then you need to look at the likes of Batley, Dewsbury, Swinton, Sheffield and Rochdale, their average crowds are all less tha haven or Town. 

Archived