• Hull kr
    • Huddersfield
    • Wakefield
    • Leeds

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

That means nothing. Both of them have to play London. If London beat the loser, they'll go down. If London beat them both, they'll go above them both.

It really is in their hands.

I mean it does mean something. Currently all four are on 18pts, one of Wakefield or Hull KR will be on 20 Pts, two clear of London making the number of possible rivals smaller. 

28 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

The key to predicting Rovers games is to look at their last result. 

Their form is LWLWLWLWL, so I'm going for a win this week, loss against Catalans away, win against London at home and loss to Salford away.

on that basis Leeds are in serious trouble as their form is:

WWLL, WWLL, WWLL, WWL

Thus a win for London against Leeds puts London on 20 points....  Then to be safe Leeds need to beat either Salford or Warrington and I have doubts about their mental toughness and hence form goes out the window... 

6 hours ago, whatmichaelsays said:

I wouldn't be so sure on that. My (admittedly anecdotal) experience suggests it's fans of the 'smaller' clubs that insist that the game needs P&R to retain interest at the bottom end of the table. 

I think most fans of the bigger clubs would rather not have it as a side show to what should be a focus on the top-end of the table. 

I suppose I meant they're more comfortable with the idea and when you've not experienced living under the threat match after match and then losing your place it could never be that bad.

It is very understandable that lower clubs like the idea the chance at winning trophies and higher quality games is fantastic but going down can be like a death sentence in the immediate and long term.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

8 hours ago, Oxford said:

I won't vote for this, having been through it, and not being a fan of P&R, I can't register with this one as it's bad enough for those clubs and more importantly fans it happens to.

I often think that only teams who've been never in the bottom half can be happy with P&R.

I'm not very keen on people being happy someone goes down either.

as a leeds supporter I have no problem with it .

if your good enough you wont go down if not then so be it

8 hours ago, Treize Hombres said:

The promotion and relegation system has made this season the best one in years. It could be argued that the Yorkshire teams on the list wouldn't be in SL if the game was properly franchised and that London would only be there on location. The Broncos promotion last year was on merit and that's the way it should be.

Without P and R this season would have ceased to be interesting weeks ago with teams not putting in the effort like the Broncos have done. And the threat of Championship level rugby next year sure made Leeds pull their finger out as was the case with Wigan a few months back.

My only arguments with relegation is that the fixtures are lop sided due to the Magic Weekend and that we have play offs to decide the SL Champions and who gets promoted to the top tier, but not for who takes the drop.

I too won't vote in this poll on the basis that Leeds aren't on the list...but seriously I can't make my mind up about who will be relegated...it's looking like it's going to go down to the last round of fixtures, and that's got to be good for the game.

Leeds are on the list . they are the last named club at the bottom of the list

The way the NFL makes the season interesting is by making the Regular Season short enough that there are enough teams still fighting for a playoff position by the last game of the season.  

Super League could:

1. Increase the size of the league

2.  Shorten the season as I think 29 games is too many.

3.  Concurrently, Increase the length and number of teams that make the playoffs.  Possibly make playoff rounds between teams series (2 game aggregate or best of 3 games).

6 minutes ago, paul hicks said:

oh well at least you can vote now I suppose 

I can now all candidates are on the ballot.....but my vote wouldn't be for Leeds. Just me having a light hearted dig at SirKev for missing the Rhinos off. But fair play to him he added them on and satisfied the pedantic side of me. 

2 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

It looks like one win each for London and Hull KR would be enough for them to stay up.

Potentially...

But Huddersfield play Catalan at home last game; which they have a good chance of winning considering the Dragons form.

5 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

Potentially...

But Huddersfield play Catalan at home last game; which they have a good chance of winning considering the Dragons form.

Could be a cracking last day with numerous possibilities, wonder if Sky will have cameras at all the relevant grounds? Or will it be ruined by spreading the drama over 4 days?

2 hours ago, Oxford said:

I suppose I meant they're more comfortable with the idea and when you've not experienced living under the threat match after match and then losing your place it could never be that bad.

It is very understandable that lower clubs like the idea the chance at winning trophies and higher quality games is fantastic but going down can be like a death sentence in the immediate and long term.

Being ' stuck down ' is like a death sentence 

27 minutes ago, CanadianRugger said:

The way the NFL makes the season interesting is by making the Regular Season short enough that there are enough teams still fighting for a playoff position by the last game of the season.  

Super League could:

3.  Concurrently, Increase the length and number of teams that make the playoffs.  Possibly make playoff rounds between teams series (2 game aggregate or best of 3 games).

back in the 70s we had a 30 team league and a top 16 playoff  

24 minutes ago, CanadianRugger said:

Super League could:

1 Tried that , not enough players or money 

2 General concencus is not enough money for less than 13/14 home games 

3 Tried that , just seemed pointless having clubs with more losses than wins being able to win the comp 

2 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Next season, just promote the Championship Grand Final winners.

However, the issue is not immediately next season. I would have thought that was clear from my comments.

So expand SL by one team per year ? , For how long ?

1 hour ago, paul hicks said:

as a leeds supporter I have no problem with it .

if your good enough you wont go down if not then so be it

After all the good years and knowing how strong your club is at the ground level I would hope I'd be much the same, having gone through and felt its effects I have the teeshirt as a reminder. Even though I agree with the phrase "Don't regret it's over, smile that it happened!" that's all well and good when you've suffered the years of excess, but drought followed by famine is really much fun.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

4 minutes ago, Oxford said:

After all the good years and knowing how strong your club is at the ground level I would hope I'd be much the same, having gone through and felt its effects I have the teeshirt as a reminder. Even though I agree with the phrase "Don't regret it's over, smile that it happened!" that's all well and good when you've suffered the years of excess, but drought followed by famine is really much fun.

indeed but then its up to the club to make sure they don't end up going into famine . in Leeds case I don't think the financial disaster would be  as much as for other clubs as the money is there to cover it as we hear another offer of £500.000 plus has been made to hull for Jake Connor which of course would be if they stayed up. so that's half a million quid floating around to start with and a good portion of there income is not rugby related with headingley been open 365 days of the year .

either way if a team is good enough it stays up if not it goes down and if it happens to be Leeds then so be it. wont stop me supporting them.

we are now in an era of business not just been a sports club and should approach things in such a way

Archived