Archie Bruce

Bullmania

Archie Bruce, plays for dewsbury moor, played his debut for batley Bulldogs yesterday in Toulouse,  found dead in his hotel this morning. 

So sad to read this the lad was only 20 years of age. Just feel for his family and friends. All my wishes go to his family and friends sad times.

sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is terrible, terrible news. His family will be devastated and the whole of the RL world will be saddened by this.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Tragedy, another one for club.

Thoughts and prayers go out to Bev and Bronx his parents and younger sister. Unfortunately those at moor who nurtured his development will of celebrated his debut then mourned his loss in the blink of an eye.

Hope our lads who shared the room are in one piece too. Very sad

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

This is awful news,so tragic and puts everything into perspective. We all have banter on these forums,mostly friendly but when something like this happens we all come together as one. My thoughts go to his family,friends and all at Batley Bulldogs and Dewsbury Moor at this very sad time. RIP Archie Bruce ?

This is absolutely impossible to take in. We have been discussing his place in the scheme of the Bulldog world but never imagined we would be thinking of him in an even greater scheme of things. I'm a grown bloke, a lot nearer that 'dark goodnight' and find it hard to understand this and probably never will. Keep having to stop typing to wipe my eyes. My sincere condolences go to his family in this awful time, I hope the club finds a way to support both them and itself.

Archived