Archie Bruce

Bullmania

Try Brett at ravensport told lad. They are also relinquishing the dog house of this year's merchandise for a "sale"

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Batley Bulldogs scrum-half Archie Bruce died as a result of asphyxiation, a post-mortem examination has found.

Bruce, 20, was found dead in his hotel room on Sunday morning, after making his debut for the Championship side at Toulouse on Saturday night.

French authorities carried out a post-mortem on Monday and further tests are still being investigated.

The Rugby Football League Benevolent Fund has created a Just Giving page in Bruce's name.

Batley director John Miller told BBC Radio LeedsBruce was "really giddy and happy with himself after the game and very proud".

The club said Bruce was a "smart, polite, funny and extremely likeable young man, his death is an absolute tragedy".

Batley are 10th in the 14-team Championship, the division below Super League.

I understand that Toulouse have said they won't be releasing any video footage of the game out if respect. That's a shame really, as there will never be any lasting record of Archie's Bulldogs career. Sales of a video could have gone to the fund. Hope the fund raises a great sum. The family are being so strong.

I will be buying one of them as a tribute to Archie Bruce and for a very worthy cause,in fact I hope to have it for Saturday to wear at Wembley.

Got the shirt for Wembley tomorrow just need to go shopping now for a wig just in case I get seen with half a Batley shirt on,I’ve got my reputation to think about ?

No seriously it’s for a great cause and I hope to see a lot more down Wembley way. And good luck to all doing the charity walk in aid of breast cancer. It’s going to be a very emotional day tomorrow.

15 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Got the shirt for Wembley tomorrow just need to go shopping now for a wig just in case I get seen with half a Batley shirt on,I’ve got my reputation to think about ?

No seriously it’s for a great cause and I hope to see a lot more down Wembley way. And good luck to all doing the charity walk in aid of breast cancer. It’s going to be a very emotional day tomorrow.

I hope I see you GF 

1 hour ago, ginaldo said:

if you do see gf take a photo of him

What and risk breaking the camera!!!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Good to see Danny Maun and the Batley fans with a flag for Archie during the minutes applause at Wembley

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

• 3 months later...

Archived