1895 Cup is it on T.V.

25 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Don`t forget this is Rugby League we are talking about....................now if this was a netball match , no problem , how much air time do you need .

Yes, you can't move for netball second tier knock out competitions in their first season on prime time BBC.

It's a shame it's not on the Red Button but I don't see how we can expect any more than that. It's one of the reasons why I'd have liked the match to be before the main event - because then they could have shown the tries etc during half time. 

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just been on the ourleague webiste the app dosent seem to get too many good raps .

"Eh Up, potty mouth. I know life hasn't been kind to you, but there's no need to parade your resentful jealousy on here." JohnM 16th April 2020

4 minutes ago, BULLETT said:

Just been on the ourleague webiste the app dosent seem to get too many good raps .

I just watch on the ourleague website. They've been fortunate with their choice of games - shown some real crackers this year. Skolars v Oldham was the only dud I can think of, and I was actually at that one. I'd happily pay for OurLeague.

7 minutes ago, JonM said:

I just watch on the ourleague website. They've been fortunate with their choice of games - shown some real crackers this year. Skolars v Oldham was the only dud I can think of, and I was actually at that one. I'd happily pay for OurLeague.

Sorry , is it a free service ?

"Eh Up, potty mouth. I know life hasn't been kind to you, but there's no need to parade your resentful jealousy on here." JohnM 16th April 2020

11 minutes ago, BULLETT said:

Sorry , is it a free service ?

It is - I think you have to register even for the website though?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

25 minutes ago, JonM said:

Its improved John. Unfortunate that it gets steelwork still in the picture.

If it can keep improving then it will be an excellent addition and as you say, we've had some good games to watch.

1 hour ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

You won't find the 1865 cup anywhere. Now you might find the 1895 cup somewhere!? ?

Indeed, the competition is having such a strong impact that no-one can remember what it's called.

A shame because I still think it's a decent idea, it's just been woefully implemented.

Considering most people in the stadium won’t be stopping to watch it why would the BBC show it?!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

2 hours ago, gingerjon said:

It is - I think you have to register even for the website though?

Yes, you have to become an member to watch streamed video.

I often get a fair bit of buffering on OurLeague, but some (not all) matches are also streamed on Twitch, which seems a smoother service. It also offers the option of live comments. Twitch have shown wheelchair RL and women's RL too, which helps spread the word, often to people who know nothing about the sport*.

The 1895 final is listed as a match that will also be on Twitch, which is good news.

*insert joke about Barrie'n'Terry here.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

8 hours ago, wilsontown said:

Indeed, the competition is having such a strong impact that no-one can remember what it's called.

You'd expect most rugby league fans to know the date of 1895?

21 hours ago, JonM said:

It worse than the old micron club videos. 

If they played the games in a garage forecourt and used the CCTV it would have better camera work.

9 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

If they played the games in a garage forecourt and used the CCTV it would have better camera work.

Depends on the host. Games at Widnes & Leigh have been fine

Halifax had the camera between 30m & 40m line, do angle was very strange

48 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

As Spidey says, it depends on the facilities at the home ground. York v Fev on Sunday was probably the worst in terms of camera position and pillars in the way - made it quite difficult to follow the ball at times. Best cameraman in the world can't show you the whole game when they're seemingly stood on the touchline. I seriously doubt there'll be the same problem at Wembley.

Archived