Is Paul Rowley having some influence at Salford?

He has been at Salford for 5 games now and they are yet to lose and playing some very expansive Rugby League very similar to how Leigh and Toronto performed under his tenure. I believe he had quite a few questionable tactics and strategies as a head coach but the offensive side of his teams were not in question, could it be that he has found his mantle as an assistant concentrating just on the attack..

He's been working with the squad since before the Wire game and things have definitely tightened up around the ruck. We've also won five in a row and there has been no hint of any questionable tactics creeping in - if anything the penalty count has been lower than usual due to us defending better around the ruck and not needing to slow down play the balls as much.

I'd say he's had a positive influence so far but lets see what happens.

He probably has but its a mix of having a terrific coach in Watson and some quality players with an outstanding work ethic throughout the squad added to a great team spirit! Saints v Salford GF anyone??

3 hours ago, DG70 said:

He probably has but its a mix of having a terrific coach in Watson and some quality players with an outstanding work ethic throughout the squad added to a great team spirit! Saints v Salford GF anyone??

Salford are 33-1 to win the GF, that’s worth a punt?

it could be Salford’s ‘Leicester’ year.

5 hours ago, DG70 said:

Wigan v Salford? 

( but don't worry I am not serious -  I would not want to but a hex on so the team)

On 19/08/2019 at 09:35, Harry Stottle said:

He has been at Salford for 5 games now and they are yet to lose and playing some very expansive Rugby League very similar to how Leigh and Toronto performed under his tenure. I believe he had quite a few questionable tactics and strategies as a head coach but the offensive side of his teams were not in question, could it be that he has found his mantle as an assistant concentrating just on the attack..

Maybe this is his niche after all. Being an assistant but not controlling a teams behaviour but as an attacking coach some of the rugby Leigh especially played under him was first class. I genuinely think if Beaumont hadnt had fanciful ideas of past it top class players and believed more in the majority of the squad that got you promoted, Rowley would have kept you up. I always said he should have beenin the England set up on the attacking side

2 hours ago, thepimp007 said:

Maybe this is his niche after all. Being an assistant but not controlling a teams behaviour but as an attacking coach some of the rugby Leigh especially played under him was first class. I genuinely think if Beaumont hadnt had fanciful ideas of past it top class players and believed more in the majority of the squad that got you promoted, Rowley would have kept you up. I always said he should have beenin the England set up on the attacking side

Rowley didn't get us up , he left a few days before the start of the 2016 season , Niel Jukes won us promotion , and narrowly failed keeping us there 

On 21/08/2019 at 19:22, GUBRATS said:

Rowley didn't get us up , he left a few days before the start of the 2016 season , Niel Jukes won us promotion , and narrowly failed keeping us there 

Good god Gubby, you either have a very selective memory or were a big fan of Jukes, he and Cunningham contrived  between them how not to coach a team, bad tactics and some very dubios positional selections, they managed to snatch relegation from a position were we should have been easily safe,  biggest mistake Mr Beaumont will ever make as a club owner or buisness person for that matter was retaining a friend (Jukes) instead of looking at cold hard facts that anyone with any knowledge of rugby league could see halfway through the '17 SL season that Jukes was not good enough, even Beaumont himself realised that and made his second ever big mistake as it turned out in  employing Cunningham to work alongside him.

3 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Good god Gubby, you either have a very selective memory or were a big fan of Jukes, he and Cunningham contrived  between them how not to coach a team, bad tactics and some very dubios positional selections, they managed to snatch relegation from a position were we should have been easily safe,  biggest mistake Mr Beaumont will ever make as a club owner or buisness person for that matter was retaining a friend (Jukes) instead of looking at cold hard facts that anyone with any knowledge of rugby league could see halfway through the '17 SL season that Jukes was not good enough, even Beaumont himself realised that and made his second ever big mistake as it turned out in  employing Cunningham to work alongside him.

Did Neil Jukes get us promoted Harry ? , Simple question ?

6 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Did Neil Jukes get us promoted Harry ? , Simple question ?

Yes, he was the coach of 2016 Leigh team that gained promotion. That is the simple question answered,  but you know as I do there are far more connotations to an end result other than just a simple answer, other than that do you disagree with my interpretation of the '17 season?

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes, he was the coach of 2016 Leigh team that gained promotion. That is the simple question answered,  but you know as I do there are far more connotations to an end result other than just a simple answer, other than that do you disagree with my interpretation of the '17 season?

We started fine , from then on we slowly ran out of steam , not helped by some appallingly bad officiating at our games , then the input we brought in to help us negotiate through the 8s ( something we were always going to be involved in IMO ) both got injured leaving us limping into the MPG 

Should he have got rid of Jukes ? , Perhaps , but all its and nuts now 

Cunningham shouldn't have been anywhere near the LSV , massive mistake 

Archived