Spanish Club For 2021 ?

League Weekly report that there is a consortium from Valencia enquiring about admitting  ,Los Huracanes' to the British game.

An obvious coach for this new set-up would be Bernard , after his skilful handling of Tommy the Toreador's career .

Bernard is yet to comment on the appointment .

bernard s-l1600.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've no idea about the merits or otherwise of a Valencia team, but I thought there was a thriving Valencia community league with 7ish clubs. The Espana League site has a number of club logos for community clubs, but you never know whether the information is up to date/accurate. Anyone the wiser?

3 hours ago, Essai Machine said:

League Weekly report that there is a consortium from Valencia enquiring about admitting  ,Los Huracanes' to the British game.

An obvious coach for this new set-up would be Bernard , after his skilful handling of Tommy the Toreador's career .

bernard s-l1600.jpg

Well there will be no more little white bulls at Odsal next season. 

34 minutes ago, cookey said:

How about getting the english game sorted out first.

Cas ground,Wakefield ground,Salford attendances,Huddersfield attendances,just for starters.

Why does the state of The Jungle or Salford’s declining attendances have anything to do with someone wanting to set up a team in Spain? The fact is it sounds like there are people who want to give it a go and we should support that. 

31 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Why does the state of The Jungle or Salford’s declining attendances have anything to do with someone wanting to set up a team in Spain? The fact is it sounds like there are people who want to give it a go and we should support that. 

It's quite interesting that over the past 6 hours or so, most posters have sought to avoid the topic. The same deflection tactics occured with the  'next expansion team' thread, before the moderator intervened.  I would have thought that those who find the topic of expansion uncomfortable either engage or avoid the thread.

In the meantime, I would be interested to note the state of RL in Valencia - as posted earlier,  there arec indications of about seven clubs, which would be impressive. I, personally, have no real view on Valencia as a credible bid;  hence I would like to be better informed.

7 hours ago, Essai Machine said:

bernard s-l1600.jpg

Your not thinking of poor old Parky when he sees the headline

6 hours ago, Manxmanc said:

I've no idea about the merits or otherwise of a Valencia team, but I thought there was a thriving Valencia community league with 7ish clubs. The Espana League site has a number of club logos for community clubs, but you never know whether the information is up to date/accurate. Anyone the wiser?

Searching Google I found an article in 2015 saying that at that time three new teams in the Valencia region were being formed to boost the total number of teams there to ten 

4 minutes ago, Jampot said:

Searching Google I found an article in 2015 saying that at that time three new teams in the Valencia region were being formed to boost the total number of teams there to ten 

I don't speak Spanish but the social media (and website) seems remarkably quiet given you'd assume there would be scores etc to give out.

Anyone out there know what's (if anything's) going on?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

13 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Anyone out there know what's (if anything's) going on?

The Spanish RL facebook page announced a 3 conference (Levante == Valencia + region, Andalusia, Madrid) league this season, with 5 teams in the Levante conference. 

Ontinyent Rugby
Tavernes RC
Valencian Warriors
Tigres Torrent
Xàtiva Roosters

However, I never saw results, league tables etc. although certainly some games were played (Roosters played Warriors and Tigers, for example.) There was also a Madrid v Valencia representative match.

5 hours ago, cookey said:

Cas ground,Wakefield ground,Salford attendances,Huddersfield attendances,just for starters.

Who should get ‘the English game’ sorted???

Not somebody else who’s interested in setting up somewhere else.

Cas ground........Castleford Tigers responsibility

Wakefield ground.......Trinity’s responsibility 

Salford attendances.......Their responsibility 

Huddersfields also......

Why do you think these people should sort the English game out?

11 hours ago, cookey said:

How do you think a consortium from Spain could best help with that?

13 hours ago, cookey said:

shouldn't the chairman and boards of the said clubs be addressing these issues?

Archived