Spanish Club For 2021 ?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose the Valencia interest should be placed in the same category as a Dublin team; it's an expression of interest, welcomed by the RFL all the same, who have the opportunity to state the criteria which would allow a move to a formal application. 

As Spain's third largest city, Valencia must have great potential and traditionally it's been the centre of Spanish RL and that includes its position as the focal point of the international game. 

2 hours ago, Manxmanc said:

I suppose the Valencia interest should be placed in the same category as a Dublin team; it's an expression of interest, welcomed by the RFL all the same, who have the opportunity to state the criteria which would allow a move to a formal application. 

As Spain's third largest city, Valencia must have great potential and traditionally it's been the centre of Spanish RL and that includes its position as the focal point of the international game. 

Yep, it's the same as every time a new Dublin team is proposed and the organisers, full of enthusiasm and great ideas, finish the interview with "we're just waiting for some financial backers to come on board".

It's a nice idea but that's all it is without money.

20 hours ago, cookey said:

How about getting the english game sorted out first.

Cas ground,Wakefield ground,Salford attendances,Huddersfield attendances,just for starters.

Castleford's ground is Castleford's problem and Castleford's mess to clean up. 

Wakefield's ground is Wakefield's problem and Wakefield's mess to clean up.

The fact that nobody wants to watch Salford is Salford's issue and their problem to solve. 

The fact that nobody wants to watch Huddersfield is Huddersfield's issue and their problem to solve. 

Adding a club in Valencia doesn't make any of those issues "our" issues to solve. 

7 hours ago, yipyee said:

Can see this being a success with traveling fans... cheap flights to Alicante and fans staying in benidorm before being bussed to the game on match day!

Too much pratting about, get direct flights to Valencia far easier. Plus its a great city,much nicer than Benidorm.

However I don't know when they would play because the temperatures in Spain over July and August would make it impossible to play meaningful rugby.

7 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Too much pratting about, get direct flights to Valencia far easier. Plus its a great city,much nicer than Benidorm.

However I don't know when they would play because the temperatures in Spain over July and August would make it impossible to play meaningful rugby.

You told PNG and Townsville about that?

25 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Don’t worry about the weather, just play home games and away games in a block. Or get a base in Manchester and play ‘home’ games in the UK.

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

3 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

Play in the evening then? 

5 hours ago, Agbrigg said:

Do they not play other sports in Valencia?

Fairly sure they have a half decent football team

I'm afraid it's too late. The División de Honor de Rugby is slowly professionalising. Plenty of Spanish talent being picked up by french and english RU clubs too. The rugby market in spain is already closing. I don't know why RL waited for union to make a move on Spain. The spanish are already leaning towards union being their preferred code of rugby. We will see another opportunity slip through our grasps also in North America too. League should've put union to the sword in GTA by now but instead the Canadians would rather spoon RU, preaching about co-existence and make yawnion posts. Our game is literally the closest sport to gridiron and we've blown that opportunity as well. I think RLIF and NRL should hit Germany hard big market I think there's a potential there to make a good ROI and the rugby market is wide open for the taking. No more nonsense lets go all in.

On 20/08/2019 at 03:48, Oliver Clothesoff said:

A club an hour away from Benidorm. We’ve peaked as a sport. It’s not going to get better than this. 

A week in Lloret and a week in Benidorm...now if we can just get a team in Magaluf...

Archived