Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Essai Machine

Spanish Club For 2021 ?

League Weekly report that there is a consortium from Valencia enquiring about admitting  ,Los Huracanes' to the British game.

An obvious coach for this new set-up would be Bernard , after his skilful handling of Tommy the Toreador's career .

Bernard is yet to comment on the appointment .

bernard s-l1600.jpg

• Haha 1

I've no idea about the merits or otherwise of a Valencia team, but I thought there was a thriving Valencia community league with 7ish clubs. The Espana League site has a number of club logos for community clubs, but you never know whether the information is up to date/accurate. Anyone the wiser?

Edited by Manxmanc

3 hours ago, Essai Machine said:

League Weekly report that there is a consortium from Valencia enquiring about admitting  ,Los Huracanes' to the British game.

An obvious coach for this new set-up would be Bernard , after his skilful handling of Tommy the Toreador's career .

bernard s-l1600.jpg

Well there will be no more little white bulls at Odsal next season. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Is this legit or some weird, unfunny Bernard Cribbins joke?

Well you could search the League Weekly twitter account for it , then search for a sense of humour 😁😁😁

• Haha 6

15 minutes ago, Essai Machine said:

Well you could search the League Weekly twitter account for it , then search for a sense of humour 😁😁😁

Or he could try and dig a hole in the ground to jump into .... one that's sort of big and sort of round !

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RL does what Sky says said:

Or he could try and dig a hole in the ground to jump into .... one that's sort of big and sort of round !

come of it you know it orta be square

How about getting the english game sorted out first.

Cas ground,Wakefield ground,Salford attendances,Huddersfield attendances,just for starters.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, cookey said:

Cas ground,Wakefield ground,Salford attendances,Huddersfield attendances,just for starters.

How do you propose “we” do that?

5 minutes ago, cookey said:

Give Bernard a chance....he can only dig one hole at a time !

And he already got a good attendance ... well, a chap in a bowler hat is watching him at least ! !

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cookey said:

Why does the state of The Jungle or Salford’s declining attendances have anything to do with someone wanting to set up a team in Spain? The fact is it sounds like there are people who want to give it a go and we should support that. 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Why does the state of The Jungle or Salford’s declining attendances have anything to do with someone wanting to set up a team in Spain? The fact is it sounds like there are people who want to give it a go and we should support that. 

It's quite interesting that over the past 6 hours or so, most posters have sought to avoid the topic. The same deflection tactics occured with the  'next expansion team' thread, before the moderator intervened.  I would have thought that those who find the topic of expansion uncomfortable either engage or avoid the thread.

In the meantime, I would be interested to note the state of RL in Valencia - as posted earlier,  there arec indications of about seven clubs, which would be impressive. I, personally, have no real view on Valencia as a credible bid;  hence I would like to be better informed.

7 hours ago, Essai Machine said:

bernard s-l1600.jpg

Your not thinking of poor old Parky when he sees the headline

19 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

A club an hour away from Benidorm. We’ve peaked as a sport. It’s not going to get better than this. 

Those of us who visited Vincent's bar in Benidorm all the years ago will never forget our experience's there.

2 hours ago, cookey said:

Surely that is all down to the respective clubs. 

6 hours ago, Manxmanc said:

I've no idea about the merits or otherwise of a Valencia team, but I thought there was a thriving Valencia community league with 7ish clubs. The Espana League site has a number of club logos for community clubs, but you never know whether the information is up to date/accurate. Anyone the wiser?

Searching Google I found an article in 2015 saying that at that time three new teams in the Valencia region were being formed to boost the total number of teams there to ten