How Many Players This Season?

Lupset Ram

Does anyone know how many players we've used this season? 

By my reckoning, enough for a first team, reserve team and B team as well. Similar to most Rugby Union teams. All we need is a veteran's team and we've got a full set.

I've spent most of my time this year, saying to myself - "where's he from" or "what's he called". 

Players have just  come in through the front door and been blown out of the back door by the wind a week later.

A fan needs to make a connection with the players who represent the team, and not be wondering who's who each week. 

All appearances are listed in the programme - £2.50 from reputable programme sellers.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

You could put in a transfer fee for Roger T, he'll run you a nice stats page for you all. He won't come cheap mind, but with all this cash from the bulls, pitches and car boot I reckon a push for SL could be on the cards next season ?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

34 minutes ago, Lupset Ram said:

The point I was making is that  we've  gone through players like disposable nappies this season. 

is there nowt on  rams web page?  on FEV's it lists the stats of the 43 who have turned out for us this year

46 minutes ago, POR said:

is there nowt on  rams web page?  on FEV's it lists the stats of the 43 who have turned out for us this year

43. Crikey.  A few of those must have been fev players too, can’t all be rhinos can they?

can you imagine that in the 70s /80s?  Lol.  Bet most teams used less than half that. 

1 hour ago, NickD said:

43. Crikey.  A few of those must have been fev players too, can’t all be rhinos can they?

can you imagine that in the 70s /80s?  Lol.  Bet most teams used less than half that. 

8 dr  7 on loan  and 7 from reserves but only 4 dr an 2 on loan played more than two games  rest 2 and  1 appearances   so not as bad as it first looks ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

4 hours ago, Lupset Ram said:

The point I was making is that  we've  gone through players like disposable nappies this season. 

So why did you ask if anyone knows how many players we have used this season? I was answering your question.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

10 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Looked at programme v Barrow and there were 37 then. Add Liam Johnson and Luke Nelmes makes 39, not sure if we have signed or debuted anyone else.

So the same as York and fewer than Fev.

Outrageous!!

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

So why did you ask if anyone knows how many players we have used this season? I was answering your question.

Well I  think I've seen number 40 on one shirt, and I've  seen a  few shirts with no number on at all, so it could be more.

But you've replied back to me twice and still not told me, so I'll give you the last word. How many?

Too many is the definitive answer like a lot of clubs.

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

1 hour ago, jamesb0551 said:

This is such a boring point, Lee said at the beginning we would have to rely on loans and Dr as the squad ye was given was likely to see us relegated. Judge him on the the team next year. 

theres one thing needing the odd couple a loans or DR to get a squad on the pitch,but to have your top MOM and points scorers not your own is taking the **** for those who are sat at bottom a pile. well done on attracting some cracking players on DR but its just not the way it should have been used other than the odd SL player needing game time to get back fit again.not out and out internationals used by some squads over the past few years..hope its binned for good.

14 minutes ago, silverback said:

theres one thing needing the odd couple a loans or DR to get a squad on the pitch,but to have your top MOM and points scorers not your own is taking the **** for those who are sat at bottom a pile. well done on attracting some cracking players on DR but its just not the way it should have been used other than the odd SL player needing game time to get back fit again.not out and out internationals used by some squads over the past few years..hope its binned for good.

Who’s got a player that’s top of mom awards and points scorer,it’s not us 

55 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

Who’s got a player that’s top of mom awards and points scorer,it’s not us 

it were pointed out by someone a few weeks back thats more up on the stats of other clubs,

Archived