24 Aug: Coral Challenge Cup Final: St Helens v Warrington Wolves KO 3pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens by 13 points or more
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/19 at 14:00

Saints look like a team who have just realised plan A isn’t working and don’t have a plan B. Be interesting to see if Holbrook can sort them out at half time.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leave aside Hicks denying one certain try for Saints and then gifting Wire another by declaring a Wire knock on was actually a new set for them, Saints are choking. 

I’m sat in the Gods, almost watching the match from a plan view it feels like at times. Saints are not at the races. The structure we’ve seen all season as the ball goes to Lomax/Fages with Coote linking in, just isn’t there. Lots and lots of one-man rugby. We’re really not challenging the Wire defence, and it’s really apparent from this view that we’re not creating overlaps or space. 

With a 2 score lead, Warrington have won this. They’ll knock a DG over early in the second half is my bet, and Saints haven’t hit 3 scores in them today unless a different team comes out in the second half. 

Looking at Hicks positioning at the Knowles no try , he was essentially straight behind it , and we haven't seen  a TV angle from behind or front on ( as far as I can recall ) , just maybe Hicks has seen daylight between the hand and the ball on contact on the ground , Knowles hand was sliding down the side of the ball as it was going down , maybe we are all in the wrong ?

1 minute ago, Gooleboy said:

Terrible attendance, looks really bad for me, top two teams in the game and struggling to get 50k. A long time ago, but 84k for Featherstone v Hull. How the times have changed.

Would've been sold out if Bernard had been giving out the cup .

bernard 3225733-high_res-old-jacks-boat.jpg

2 minutes ago, Roy Haggerty said:

Leave aside Hicks denying one certain try for Saints and then gifting Wire another by declaring a Wire knock on was actually a new set for them, Saints are choking. 

I’m sat in the Gods, almost watching the match from a plan view it feels like at times. Saints are not at the races. The structure we’ve seen all season as the ball goes to Lomax/Fages with Coote linking in, just isn’t there. Lots and lots of one-man rugby. We’re really not challenging the Wire defence, and it’s really apparent from this view that we’re not creating overlaps or space. 

With a 2 score lead, Warrington have won this. They’ll knock a DG over early in the second half is my bet, and Saints haven’t hit 3 scores in them today unless a different team comes out in the second half. 

You can't leave it aside though. Once again a ref is having massive say in a final with wrong calls.

1 minute ago, Roy Haggerty said:

Every time I see that "try" its clear for me that it was no try. He flapped at the side of the ball.

I'm tipping Saints to come back and take this one

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

7D67F4BD-24BC-4500-825C-F9CBC3419093.png

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

Archived