24 Aug: Coral Challenge Cup Final: St Helens v Warrington Wolves KO 3pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens by 13 points or more
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/19 at 14:00

Just now, Bleep1673 said:

What was the attendance, and will people moan like they did last year, and then will the RFL ask for a £500,000 bail for next year like they did for Catalans, Toronto & Toulouse to guarantee a full house

that didn't happen

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Saints were put under pressure by Warrington's great play, Saints were very likely expecting to score a few at least n the first half but they didn't, that's what causes errors.

And now Saints coach talking about 12 points swing due to officials errors. I didn't really see the no try in slow mo from a clear angle, was it a try or not?

Looked a try on slo mo on the big screen I’m close to but can see why Hicks gave it no try. Looked a bit of a bounce in real time.

Oh and John Wilkin, I'm so happy to see tellins get beat just to upset that bias twonk, I never thought I could hear a more bias summeriser/pundit than Jon Clark but Wilkin takes the prize big time, have it sonshine.

Michael Pennington behind the HRH row clapping Wolves gutting as it may be.

12 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Saints were put under pressure by Warrington's great play, Saints were very likely expecting to score a few at least n the first half but they didn't, that's what causes errors.

And now Saints coach talking about 12 points swing due to officials errors. I didn't really see the no try in slow mo from a clear angle, was it a try or not?

12  points? That would have meant Wire 30, Saints 4, would it not? ?

53 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

playing catchup as spent day with grandson, just wow. Warrington take a bow, this is not Saints underperforming, this is Warrington absolutely taking the game to saints. Absolutely superb!

Quite agree WELL PLAYED THE WIRE!!!

The big question now is - can Warrington use this a spur to get the bridesmaid monkey off their back.    The league isn’t gone for us yet.   If we can get some halves fit and combining well we could yet surprise a few in the playoffs.

20 minutes ago, JohnM said:

The forum's Jeremiahs have 365 days and 22 hours a year to have a go at attendances, venues, Sky, the BBC,  the game, the refs, the RFL and more. Wouldn't it be great if they could spare us all that for just two hours a year?

Why?

I've gone to plenty of neutral games but it's my choice, I feel no obligation whatsoever and have no qualms talking about attendances. The only criticism by me is the number of fans from the heartlands clubs who are in the final.

21 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

yes it was a clear try... it made a big difference, certainly would have on the mental approach of the teams, especially the underdogs.  

As it was ignoring the massive blunder Warring played extremely well and overall deserved to win. 

Will never know how the game would have panned out with a big mental "shot in the arm" or mental "oops here we go as the pundits predicted" if the try that should have been was given so early in the game.

Said that ignoring it Warrington good winners.

Oh well what a pity never mind eh. Hub caps bagged. 

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Pulsating game in taxing conditions won by the better side on the day. On the down-side ,two classy teams and a 5th rate referee. Hicks should have referred that first minute try and I am certain Saints would have been playing behind a 6 point start.  He made several other gaffes in the course of the game which did Saints no favours and that underlines the rock-bottom standard of officiating that blights the greatest game week in and week out. I'm not a St Helens supporter but I commiserate with the club's fans who had to endure not only Robert Hicks but a rank bad show from Coote.   

5 minutes ago, redjonn said:

yes it was a clear try... it made a big difference, certainly would have on the mental approach of the teams, especially the underdogs.  

As it was ignoring the massive blunder Warring played extremely well and overall deserved to win. 

Will never know how the game would have panned out with a big mental "shot in the arm" or mental "oops here we go as the pundits predicted" if the try that should have been was given so early in the game.

Said that ignoring it Warrington good winners.

I've just seen it again, it's not conclusive at all, it looks like his hand could have slid off the side of the ball, I don't know if there was another view?

It makes exactly 4-6 points difference, everything else is speculation, Warrington could have gone in to win by 20 or Saints by 20, you simply cannot calculate what would have happened. What about Saints try were they were offside for all 6 tackles when Warrington were under the cosh in their 20 and kicked out on the full and from that Saints scored?

Archived