24 Aug: Coral Challenge Cup Final: St Helens v Warrington Wolves KO 3pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens by 13 points or more
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/19 at 14:00

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good turnout by the people of Warrington. Just seen it on the news, looks like it was one hell of a party going on.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

3 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

They are saying the homecoming crowd has equalled the estimated 100,000 who attended in 2009...   Shame we couldn't get them all to Wembley ?

Great to see though and the one thing that the Challenge Cup does better than the Grand Final - a summer after-party...

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-26 at 14.50.45.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-08-26 at 14.49.53.jpeg

homecoming_town hall_260819_mb017.jpg

homecoming_town hall_260819_mb005.jpg

Those are terrific photos and great scenes.

Putting the talk of the Wembley attendance to one side for a moment, that is a town who are proud of their team and having a real celebration.  Great to see.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Edit - fed up with silly posts, sorry.

I was at Headingley on Friday and nobody is talking about the empty seats. We had a side on view and had to deal with drunken idiots all day. My ticket for the cup final on Saturday was literally half the cost of a day at the cricket and we had fantastic seats on the half way line.

I don't get how people are willing to disparage the cup final. It was played in a wonderful stadium in what felt like a great atmosphere and we've not seen a single negative word on this thread about fan behaviour etc. 

FFS sake let's talk our game up and stop posting bobbins about Bernard Cribbins. It's so frustrating.

1 hour ago, Leeds Wire said:

Edit - fed up with silly posts, sorry.

I was at Headingley on Friday and nobody is talking about the empty seats. My ticket for the cup final on Saturday was literally half the cost of a day at the cricket and we had fantastic seats on the half way line. At the cricket we had a side on view and had to deal with drunken idiots all day.

I don't get how people are willing to disparage the cup final. It was played in a wonderful stadium in what felt like a great atmosphere and we've not seen a single negative word on this thread about fan behaviour etc. 

FFS sake let's talk our game up and stop posting bobbins about Bernard Cribbins. It's so frustrating.

Agreed. On all points.

The Bernard Cribbins stuff was funny a fortnight ago. Now it’s just off topic and annoying. No more, please.

On 24/08/2019 at 18:38, Just Browny said:

It was a war of attrition and our fitness proved better than Saints'. We had both first-choice halfbacks out and Currie at stand-off. St Helens' "one-out run by a winger" approach in the 2nd half was perhaps more exciting, but we shut it down fairly easily.

I'm sure it's been picked up elsewhere in this thread already, and i'm surprised that the commentators didn't spot it but Currie was named at 6 but played the whole game at his usual left second row position. At no point did he play as a stand off. Jack Hughes played 6 all game, albeit Ratchford stepped in on tackle 5 to share the kicking with Dec P.

Presumably Currie was named at 6 to mislead Saints and keep them guessing.

31 minutes ago, nathanwood7 said:

I'm sure it's been picked up elsewhere in this thread already, and i'm surprised that the commentators didn't spot it but Currie was named at 6 but played the whole game at his usual left second row position. At no point did he play as a stand off. Jack Hughes played 6 all game, albeit Ratchford stepped in on tackle 5 to share the kicking with Dec P.

Presumably Currie was named at 6 to mislead Saints and keep them guessing.

Yes, it was weird that the commentary tram didnt explain this. Hughes played a very good game at 6, it was a lovely pass for BMS's try.

Just watching the game back for the 4th time, really surprised how little attention and plaudits bryson goodwin has got for that tackle on tommy makinson,  who has has been scoring theatrical tries for nearly  4 seasons and no one has been able to get near him. 

It was amazing defence   and up there with tackle 52.

18 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

Just watching the game back for the 4th time, really surprised how little attention and plaudits bryson goodwin has got for that tackle on tommy makinson,  who has has been scoring theatrical tries for nearly  4 seasons and no one has been able to get near him. 

It was amazing defence   and up there with tackle 52.

He got plenty of plaudits from the Warrington fans who were sat next to me and deservedly so

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

On 26/08/2019 at 04:19, Oxford said:

I must admit I'm very impressed with how well the Saints have taken their loss.

Are you Eddie Hemmings in disguise? It's simply 'Saints' not 'the Saints', a real pet hate of mine!

Archived