Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

24 Aug: Coral Challenge Cup Final: St Helens v Warrington Wolves KO 3pm (BBC)

Who will win?  

79 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens by 13 points or more
    • St Helens by 7 to 12 points
    • St Helens by 1 to 6 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points
    • Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/19 at 14:00

4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Not surprised, if you're spelling his surname like that.

Quite a bit has passed my lips but top bloke.

The forum's Jeremiahs have 365 days and 22 hours a year to have a go at attendances, venues, Sky, the BBC,  the game, the refs, the RFL and more. Wouldn't it be great if they could spare us all that for just two hours a year?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Four legs good - two legs bad

Congratulations to the Wire. Always great to see an underdog come up with the goods. And I had a small wager on them, the odds in a final when we know heavy favourites often struggle were just too good to ignore.

I hope Saints win the Grand Final though, it's a real challenge to bounce back from a Wembley defeat but it will prove they are a champion team and dispel the choker tag.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Feel slightly cheated as a neutral. Warrington were superb but I’m stunned by how bad Saints were today. Hideously bad.

Saints were put under pressure by Warrington's great play, Saints were very likely expecting to score a few at least n the first half but they didn't, that's what causes errors.

And now Saints coach talking about 12 points swing due to officials errors. I didn't really see the no try in slow mo from a clear angle, was it a try or not?

Wasn't too bothered about who won but after the way the Wire fans on here were so magnanimous when we beat them three years ago, I'm absolutely delighted for them today.

Commiserations to the Saints' lot,  I'm sure you'll have a big say in the end of season run in.

Until you get beat by Wigan in the GF that is...

• Thanks 2

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

10 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Is Daryl Clark the finest athlete ever in any sport?   He’s just done that having put in massive defensive stint at hooker, scored a try, set up another and picked up a couple of trophies at the same time.

No, but he's one of the very elite at this moment in time.

What was the attendance, and will people moan like they did last year, and then will the RFL ask for a £500,000 bail for next year like they did for Catalans, Toronto & Toulouse to guarantee a full house

• Like 1

Supporting Rugby League since 1971

Just now, Bleep1673 said:

What was the attendance, and will people moan like they did last year, and then will the RFL ask for a £500,000 bail for next year like they did for Catalans, Toronto & Toulouse to guarantee a full house

that didn't happen

Supporting Rugby League since 1971

5 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

Saints were put under pressure by Warrington's great play, Saints were very likely expecting to score a few at least n the first half but they didn't, that's what causes errors.

And now Saints coach talking about 12 points swing due to officials errors. I didn't really see the no try in slow mo from a clear angle, was it a try or not?

Looked a try on slo mo on the big screen I’m close to but can see why Hicks gave it no try. Looked a bit of a bounce in real time.

Edited by Man of Kent

Oh and John Wilkin, I'm so happy to see tellins get beat just to upset that bias twonk, I never thought I could hear a more bias summeriser/pundit than Jon Clark but Wilkin takes the prize big time, have it sonshine.

Michael Pennington behind the HRH row clapping Wolves gutting as it may be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bearman said:

Looks like Harry enjoyed it.

Obvious Warrington fan.    Couldn’t stay impartial when he got the chance to meet his heroes.

12 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

12  points? That would have meant Wire 30, Saints 4, would it not? 😀

• Haha 1

Four legs good - two legs bad

Why did the BBC not put up a warning there ... Ben Westwood on before the watershed, jesus, kids will be having nightmares🤣

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JohnM said:

12  points? That would have meant Wire 30, Saints 4, would it not? 😀

I'm honestly not sure which was the other one that Holbrook had a problem with?

53 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

playing catchup as spent day with grandson, just wow. Warrington take a bow, this is not Saints underperforming, this is Warrington absolutely taking the game to saints. Absolutely superb!

Quite agree WELL PLAYED THE WIRE!!!

• Like 1

The big question now is - can Warrington use this a spur to get the bridesmaid monkey off their back.    The league isn’t gone for us yet.   If we can get some halves fit and combining well we could yet surprise a few in the playoffs.