24 Aug: AB Sundecks 1895 Cup Final: Sheffield Eagles v Widnes Vikings KO 5.30pm (OurLeague App)

Who will win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Sheffield Eagles by 13 points or more
    • Sheffield Eagles by 7 to 12 points
    • Sheffield Eagles by 1 to 6 points
    • Widnes Vikings by 1 to 6 points
    • Widnes Vikings by 7 to 12 points
    • Widnes Vikings by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/19 at 16:00

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Spidey said:

How bad are the teams they beat to get to the final?  ?

were teams they beat bothered about winning? stupid comp in the first place.by saying two poor teams i was referring to their season

as a whole not this silly comp.  

11 minutes ago, ihaveatry said:

were teams they beat bothered about winning? stupid comp in the first place.by saying two poor teams i was referring to their season

I think quite a few teams wanted to get to Wembley look how close some of the games were

Chief Crazy Eagle

24 minutes ago, ihaveatry said:

They should have been,it's probably the only chance fans of those teams will ever get to see them run out at Wembley.

27 minutes ago, ihaveatry said:

I think both Doncaster and Batley would have loved to reach Wembley. Why have Sheffield had a poor season ? there sixth two points of play offs with two games to go . When you look where they were last season you have to admit they have had a good season 

Chief Crazy Eagle

8 minutes ago, superten said:

I think both Doncaster and Batley would have loved to reach Wembley. Why have Sheffield had a poor season ? there sixth two points of play offs with two games to go . When you look where they were last season you have to admit they have had a good season 

there still two poor sides who just tick over season in season out.i was glad our team got knocked out early on, less expense and to concentrate on league one title and promotion. 

6 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Yeah, why exactly would lower league club chairmen, coaches and in many cases, part-time players be bothered about playing at the national stadium? 

They’d much rather be playing league games at Batley or Keighley. 

because realistically the likes of league 1 sides were never going to get there which is proven by it being two championship sides.

1 hour ago, ihaveatry said:

because realistically the likes of league 1 sides were never going to get there which is proven by it being two championship sides.

Division Two sides are better than Division Three sides !!

I'm glad you pointed that possibility out.  It had never occurred to me before.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Priorities...

@AaronBower
4h
Question for Kieron Purtill on the top table from the back of the room: “Kieron, what’s the bar tab for Wembley please?”

Asked by none other than Anthony Gelling

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Widnes were definitely bothered by it, to the point of resting players before the semi-final (and this week) and wild celebrations from players and fans after beating Leigh. Only chance of winning anything this year,  quite a few thousand tickets sold.

4 hours ago, ihaveatry said:

They enter the challenge Cup and in your words,2 poor sides made the final

Archived