24 Aug: AB Sundecks 1895 Cup Final: Sheffield Eagles v Widnes Vikings KO 5.30pm (OurLeague App)

Who will win?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Sheffield Eagles by 13 points or more
    • Sheffield Eagles by 7 to 12 points
    • Sheffield Eagles by 1 to 6 points
    • Widnes Vikings by 1 to 6 points
    • Widnes Vikings by 7 to 12 points
    • Widnes Vikings by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/08/19 at 16:00

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

A rugby league final watched by a Championship 1 crowd? Sorry to be negative. no I'm not.

L1 crowds = 500. Here? 10,000 probably. Possibly 10% of everyone who lives in Widnes are here. 

Given the level of support for RL today is very good. I’m not sure where all these extra people are meant to come from. 

50 minutes ago, EssexRL said:

Re the negative posts above I’m really struggling to know what the problem is. The few thousand Widnes fans here are really enjoying themselves. The neutrals who have stayed are enjoying it. The eagle fans are trying to raise their team. I’m really not having a problem with this. 

The problem is this...a cup final, no matter how minor, is being played in a stadium capable of holding 90k and there are about, ooh...6/7,000 in here?

It’s a complete joke that it’s being played after the main event. Which bright spark thought that one up? It’s just not a good look for the sport.

In saying that, I’m sat up in the nose bleed seats with a beer and I’m enjoying myself. Credit to the Widnes fans too, they’ve bought into this, and the few Eagles fans are having a good time. But let’s not kid ourselves, it’s another example of idiotic planning by the governing body and doesn’t do anything for the image of the sport.

Shame we don't have any replays

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

2 minutes ago, milpool said:

The problem is this...a cup final, no matter how minor, is being played in a stadium capable of holding 90k and there are about, ooh...6/7,000 in here?

It’s a complete joke that it’s being played after the main event. Which bright spark thought that one up? It’s just not a good look for the sport.

In saying that, I’m sat up in the nose bleed seats with a beer and I’m enjoying myself. Credit to the Widnes fans too, they’ve bought into this, and the few Eagles fans are having a good time. But let’s not kid ourselves, it’s another example of idiotic planning by the governing body and doesn’t do anything for the image of the sport.

don' worry about it next year it will be on before the main event and all will be good?

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

Switched on - and see that fantastic try.

Come on here and realise I should be moaning about everything else instead.

Christ, you dullards.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, milpool said:

Fortunate TO and/or TWP aren't involved then.

5 minutes ago, milpool said:

It’s a complete joke that it’s being played after the main event. Which bright spark thought that one up?It’s just not a good look for the sport.

Crackers! Why wouldn't this game be played first? ###### to the pitch being spoilt! Is the welfare of the Championship Players less imporant than Super League? 

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Switched on - and see that fantastic try.

Come on here and realise I should be moaning about everything else instead.

Christ, you dullards.

Not sure anyone’s moaning about what’s being served up on the pitch...

I don't care who is interested in this game or not,it's very enjoyable as a neutral,some great tries and more entertaining than the challenge cup final,agree about the lack of replays though,would've been nice to watch some of the tries again

Archived