Will Nathan Brown return to Saints?

I liked him because his Saints team gave everything and never lacked effort, but remember a lot of less than enterprising rugby played.  Maybe a chunk of that was down to personnel - Lance H in the halves wasn't fun to watch.

Not one that should be near any shortlist for me.

He is not a top shelf Coach IMO.

The cattle he has at the Knights should be far more consistent than they have been this year.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Nathan Brown did a fine job at Saints. We struggled at the start of 2012 with young players like Foster, Wheeler, Gaskell, Emmitt etc not reaching the levels hoped and Eastmond having left the club the previous year.

In 2013, he had made some positive decisions like moving Lomax to full back and phasing Wellens out and brining in players like Walmsley, Manu, Turner, Amor and Walsh who did well for us in 2014.

Brown's style wasn't magnificent, but this wasn't helped by us having two awful years in terms of injuries. To find a way to guide us to the Grand Final and to win it in 2014 was a great achievement and a great way to bow out.

I wouldn't have him back, but that would be a rule for any coach really.

Archived