wath brow ref criticism

I attended the Wath Brow v Thatto Heath game on Saturday as a neutral.  I enjoyed my visit to Cleator Moor.  Thatto Heath scored a very late try to tie the game. At the end of the game  I was a little disappointed to hear a large number of home supporters soundly booing the ref as he came off.  He had to work the game alone as there were no official touch judges so cut a somewhat lonely figure as he came off.  I thought he did an adequate job overall and did not deserve to be boo-ed off.  What about the 'RESPECT THE REF' campaign that was featured in the match day programme?  No point 'talking the talk' if you don't 'walk the walk'.  I appreciate that emotions get high, but it was not the ref who failed to deal with the bomb that led to the equaliser.

On a lighter note why can I only get XL cheese crisps in west Cumbria?  Now they ARE something to shout about!

I wish the Brow good luck for the rest of the season and I hope to see them in the NCL grand final, presumably at Widnes.  Maybe even against Thatto Heath?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry must disagree about you saying that the ref done a adequate job, in a fixture that was so important to both teams a matured and experienced referee should have been appointed to that fixture, and the ref that was knocked over to the floor by a Thatto player and uncited of a knock on before the bomb, in fact the rule states if that happens it should have been a scrum and feed to Thatto, so to say the ref done a adequate job is rubbish.

On 20/08/2019 at 15:47, wiggler said:

I attended the Wath Brow v Thatto Heath game on Saturday as a neutral.  I enjoyed my visit to Cleator Moor.  Thatto Heath scored a very late try to tie the game. At the end of the game  I was a little disappointed to hear a large number of home supporters soundly booing the ref as he came off.  He had to work the game alone as there were no official touch judges so cut a somewhat lonely figure as he came off.  I thought he did an adequate job overall and did not deserve to be boo-ed off.  What about the 'RESPECT THE REF' campaign that was featured in the match day programme?  No point 'talking the talk' if you don't 'walk the walk'.  I appreciate that emotions get high, but it was not the ref who failed to deal with the bomb that led to the equaliser.

On a lighter note why can I only get XL cheese crisps in west Cumbria?  Now they ARE something to shout about!

I wish the Brow good luck for the rest of the season and I hope to see them in the NCL grand final, presumably at Widnes.  Maybe even against Thatto Heath?

Featherstone more than likely to be the venue for Grand Final and Div 1 promotion play off

• 2 months later...
On 04/09/2019 at 22:10, JMB said:

Sorry must disagree about you saying that the ref done a adequate job, in a fixture that was so important to both teams a matured and experienced referee should have been appointed to that fixture, and the ref that was knocked over to the floor by a Thatto player and uncited of a knock on before the bomb, in fact the rule states if that happens it should have been a scrum and feed to Thatto, so to say the ref done a adequate job is rubbish.

So you claiming that a Thatto play touched / knocked the ref over and they still should be rewarded advantage at scrum 

Ref was uncited cos your player knocked him over penalty if not red card for player for touching ref 

On 05/09/2019 at 09:10, JMB said:

Not trying to be smart but how about you taking up the whistle.A ref with no linesmen is no easy job.

5 hours ago, frank said:

Not trying to be smart but how about you taking up the whistle.A ref with no linesmen is no easy job.

Even harder without touch judges. I do it every game and its hard work as is refereeing without assistance

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Archived