Argentina join rival to RLIF

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I googled WRL and all I got about Rugby League is the Welsh RL and Wheelchair RL. Who are the WRL? Doesn’t sound like anything to be worried about though, do they even play League in Argentina?

Its hugely worrying for anyone who is involved in developing the sport abroad.

Google Sol Mokdad.

5 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Its hugely worrying for anyone who is involved in developing the sport abroad.

Google Sol Mokdad.

It sounds like even rugby enthusiasts in Argentina haven’t heard of League and that website hardly comes across as a high level organisation ready to take on the RLIF. If one of the Pacific Islands, PNG or France joined it might be concerning, but not Argentina where quite frankly the game will never be anything?

World Rugby League is a non organisation, “used” by the vichies as a stooge to allow them to attempt muddy the waters of our game internationally where the idea of 2 codes is not widely understood. 

They have no competitions to speak of and exist in a bubble of their own. It was first thought of by the Greek lunatic, and have roped in other vichies or attention seekers like Ikram Butt and the Italian RU “alternative” league. 

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It sounds like even rugby enthusiasts in Argentina haven’t heard of League and that website hardly comes across as a high level organisation ready to take on the RLIF. If one of the Pacific Islands, PNG or France joined it might be concerning, but not Argentina where quite frankly the game will never be anything?

Its already played there.

2 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

Have you ever tried to start a sport outside of the uk?

You’re not answering any of my questions (incidentally no I haven’t). Anyway I really can’t be arsed to argue about it, if you’re worried then fine. 

Just now, Eddie said:

You’re not answering any of my questions (incidentally no I haven’t). Anyway I really can’t be arsed to argue about it, if you’re worried then fine. 

The point is can actually be illegal if you dont get the backing from the authorities and you wont get access to the facilities.

What question do you want me to answer?

50 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

World Rugby League is a non organisation, “used” by the vichies as a stooge to allow them to attempt muddy the waters of our game internationally where the idea of 2 codes is not widely understood. 

They have no competitions to speak of and exist in a bubble of their own. It was first thought of by the Greek lunatic, and have roped in other vichies or attention seekers like Ikram Butt and the Italian RU “alternative” league. 

It’s very clever though as you can’t join any of the world wide sporting movements. From the Olympics to sport accord if there is a dispute in your sport as to who is the worldwide governing body. 

1 hour ago, bobbruce said:

It’s very clever though as you can’t join any of the world wide sporting movements. From the Olympics to sport accord if there is a dispute in your sport as to who is the worldwide governing body. 

that locks out funding for a lot of countries, but rugby league is not a 'real' sport.

It is concerning that Carlos Varela has decided to take the Argentinian RL across to the World Rugby League from the RLIF.  I have to admit I was very much surprised by the news, especially as the RLIF had actually been assisting groups like Argentina with taking the steps to get government recognition and outlined the steps for them to become Affiliate members.

I would have thought if South American nations were going to 'jump ship' it would have been 2-3 years ago when World Rugby League was actually doing something and the RLIF had zero interest in the region...maybe the extra attention created scrutiny that wasn't well received? 

Anyway, hopefully it is just a joke or designed to get some attention and the CARL come back to the RLIF... With Brazil and Chile now Affiliate Members of both the APRLC and RLIF, confirmed and funded Americas Nines & RL Championship every 2 years and other nations in the region pushing for membership, they'll find themselves very lonely and very much left behind if they stay with the WRL.... 

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

16 minutes ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

that locks out funding for a lot of countries, but rugby league is not a 'real' sport.

I think it was the reason sport accord turned us down on our last application. Guess who objected to us being recognised because of this. 

1 hour ago, bobbruce said:

I think it was the reason sport accord turned us down on our last application. Guess who objected to us being recognised because of this. 

this is why these things need to be taken seriously.

Things start of as a joke become something very dangerous when left unchecked.

only need to look at the current state of politics and the current cast of leading figures.

4 hours ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

The point is can actually be illegal if you dont get the backing from the authorities and you wont get access to the facilities.

What question do you want me to answer?

Why it’s worrying. And now you have answered it - thank you. 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Why it’s worrying. And now you have answered it - thank you. 

Seriously, if you take Nigeria its unbelievable Rugby League has even been allowed to be played.

So much control on how some countries allow sports to be played.

The level of government permission you need.

Huge political dance in some countries to even play rugby league.

Even then union controls most of the decent pitches in places like africa, can make life seriously difficult.

7 hours ago, bobbruce said:

I am not sure how clever it is, but it is nasty, and is being challenged.

Archived