NRL 2019 - Round 23 - Match Thread

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

50min:  Gosiewski takes an intercept 5m out, runs 40 then passes to Garrick who goes the rest qnd scores then Joey Leilua drops the knees into Garrick after he'd scored.

8-POINT TRY!!!!  and he scored behind the posts so both kicks from straight in front.

Some question about whether Gosiewski was offside at the original intercept PTB.

Manly  12 - 10

Penalties by Canberra are so stupid. In the first half Tapau played 30 minutes and Fonua Blake played 35. With 2 players not coming back, Manly are short on forwards but every penalty is a rest break for Tapau and Fonua Blake.

26 penalties and 19 errors to finish off the Retro Indigenous Women in Fishing Round.  There'll be an awful lot of whining (and a lot of awful whining) to come out of that game.

Exciting finish to a messy game.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ye gods, that was a round that proved very hard to tip/predict.

I suppose this all adds spice to first of all the race to the top eight and then opens up the finals with the Premiership all to play for. I reckon Roosters are strong favourites for Premiers still, especially if they can put in an 80 minute performance.

The NRL have conceded Manly were offside in the lead-up to Reuben Garrick’s match-winning eight-point try during Sunday’s thrilling win over Canberra.

NRL head of football Graham Annesley admitted that Jack Gosiewski jumped off the mark before taking an intercept off Josh Hodgson which led to the Sea Eagles going the length of the field.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/raiders/canberra-raiders-were-robbed-with-clear-offside-in-buildup-to-key-manly-sea-eagles-try-say-nrl/news-story/038fc39232976ca0fe59e411fb829374

4 hours ago, Farmduck said:

Shock horror, another bad and costly mistake by NRL refs/bunker. Was miles offside, even common sense would’ve questioned how he got there so quickly. 

I was also confused about that Morgan Boyle HIA after he’d taken Rapana high. Where did Boyle do his head injury? It seemed a cynical attempt to disrupt the momentum on the back of a quick tap

On 25/08/2019 at 08:27, Farmduck said:

Now Leilua gives away another penalty for a hit on Dylan Walker off the ball. DUMB!!

The Raiders are a better team without Joey Leilua. He is talented with ball in hand but his discipline is shocking and this will bite them in the finals.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

On 25/08/2019 at 08:23, Farmduck said:

50min:  Gosiewski takes an intercept 5m out, runs 40 then passes to Garrick who goes the rest qnd scores then Joey Leilua drops the knees into Garrick after he'd scored.

8-POINT TRY!!!!  and he scored behind the posts so both kicks from straight in front.

Some question about whether Gosiewski was offside at the original intercept PTB.

Manly  12 - 10

NRL Head of Football Graham Annesley has conceded Manly's Jack Gosiewski was offside before grabbing the match-turning intercept against Canberra on Sunday.

Archived