York Stadium getting a bit more capacity

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has the stadium been funded by the council ? 

Mainly council funded with money from a shopping centre development next door plus about £2m from the Football Foundation and sale of Bootham Crescent.

Total cost is about £40 million, massive cinema, leisure complex & NHS health centre type stuff in there.

Can't wait to be in there now, it's gone on far too long, joint stadium for both clubs was first talked about in 2000 and that proposal not happening is what ended York Wasps effectively. This stadium project caused numerous problems for the Knights until we got a new owner, now relationships with the council and Football club seem to be really productive so it should be the best thing that's ever happened to RL in North Yorkshire.

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Seasons not over, so who knows where York will end up.  Averaging around 1900 and with luck can put 500 on that in the new stadium?

Would be interesting to know what the projection is for attendances next season?

After the Fev game our total league average home attendance in 2019 is 2125 ?

For context:

2019 Average 2125

2018 Average 1692

2017 Average 1088

2016 Average 592

2015 Average 428

Mainly council funded with money from a shopping centre development next door plus about £2m from the Football Foundation and sale of Bootham Crescent.

Total cost is about £40 million, massive cinema, leisure complex & NHS health centre type stuff in there.

Can't wait to be in there now, it's gone on far too long, joint stadium for both clubs was first talked about in 2000 and that proposal not happening is what ended York Wasps effectively. This stadium project caused numerous problems for the Knights until we got a new owner, now relationships with the council and Football club seem to be really productive so it should be the best thing that's ever happened to RL in North Yorkshire.

Surly they could do something similar at Odsal

For context:

2019 Average 2125

2018 Average 1692

2017 Average 1088

2016 Average 592

2015 Average 428

Onwards and upwards then. Best of luck, you, and others, are doing a belting job. Best of luck!

Any standing?

What's the score with regards to income for the RL club, is it based on a % of the investment in the stadium (disregarding the other parts of the complex), are York buying their share of the stadium or is it long term lease/rent?

I just about remember my first visit to York/Clarence st, it was a mid week match, I was 9 and went with my mum IIRC, normally went to away matches with my auntie as she worked at the Boulevard BITD. York fans always seemed to be a nice bunch from what I remember but haven't been back since 1980 in the old Div1.

As a Swinton Lions fan I envy what is happening at York with the new stadium.

Now I accept that we will never move back home to Swinton and accept that we will probably never again play within the boundaries of Salford City Council.

I wish that neighbouring Trafford Council could do something similar to this say near the Trafford Centre if possible that Swinton Lions,or whatever they become as I am sure Manchester will be added into the name one day soon along with say Sale Sharks and another team perhaps.

Sorry I'm lost on this one! They are increasing capacity by 399? To accommodate Women’s Rugby League World Cup in 2021.

More of an update on progress and adding to capacity.  When posturing and desktop studies on other stadiums is ongoing, York have got the backing and are pushing forward.

Gav Willo’s list of attendances show increases year on year.

For context:

2019 Average 2125

2018 Average 1692

2017 Average 1088

2016 Average 592

2015 Average 428

Of course, it could all go silly with promotion but any more planned initiatives for the next campaign Gav?  

Archived