York Stadium getting a bit more capacity

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely the point about standing is that YCFC aspire to be a League club again. In the dim distant past I remember them being in the Second Division (Championship). A long time ago I grant you. But if teams like Burton Albion, Rotherham, etc can play there, it is not inconceivable York City could again.

Why build a stadium that is not up to your aspirations?

That said, the all-seater rule is obsolete for new stadiums and should be ditched. But it hasn't been.

On 18/11/2019 at 21:45, Gav Wilson said:

Both York Council and the Football Club tried desperately to get the Football Foundation to change their stipulations but sadly to no avail.

It is what it is. I'd much rather have a brand new 8,500 all seater than a 98 year old 7,500 capacity ground (less a few hundred each year as the safety certificate condemns another section) with the option to stand on a crumbling terrace and a piece of guttering against a wall for a toilet. 

Each to their own I guess.

I don't suppose you'd be privy to it Gav but do you know if the ground is being built with the possibility of safe standing/terraces in mind for the future? I think spurs have done something like that.

7 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I don't suppose you'd be privy to it Gav but do you know if the ground is being built with the possibility of safe standing/terraces in mind for the future? I think spurs have done something like that.

I'm not privy but considering both clubs wanted it now, I really hope that at least one stand has been future proofed for this in some way!

On 18/11/2019 at 19:00, GUBRATS said:

Shame it's all seated 

If it's sponsored by a train operating company, there will be standing!

On 18/11/2019 at 19:33, GUBRATS said:

Are they still going to be selling out of date bottles of crappy Carlsberg for 2 quid a go ? ?

Only to Leigh fans...!

Archived