Wakefield plan a new stand.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Was it? Michael Carter is quoted here http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-41336104

As the club who would be playing out of the stadium, but the wider plans were from the property developer who owned the full site. See images that were released at the same time as that one. He's gone, after rinsing Trinity/WMDC, so those plans will also go. 

As far which stand it is, why would it be the away end/side? It's the seated East stand. That's the priority to increase revenue and also seating numbers. The rest can catch up as and when.

2 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

As the club who would be playing out of the stadium, but the wider plans were from the property developer who owned the full site. See images that were released at the same time as that one. He's gone, after rinsing Trinity/WMDC, so those plans will also go. 

As far which stand it is, why would it be the away end/side? It's the seated East stand. That's the priority to increase revenue and also seating numbers. The rest can catch up as and when.

As much as I find the reports

As much as I find the replies funny , I do genuinely hope you get there , even if it is ' bit by bit ' 

All the best 

5 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I hope this actually happens but until building work starts, like most others, I will be pessimistic and think it’s a load of rubbish. No details on capacity, cost, completion date or even a drawing.

As far as I’m aware the club haven’t released any news regarding any new stand, they’ve just started a consultation period with fans & residents. Poor journalism! 

4 minutes ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

As far as I’m aware the club haven’t released any news regarding any new stand, they’ve just started a consultation period with fans & residents. Poor journalism! 

In the real world we know it wont happen.

Wakefield RLFC have been playing games like this for 20 years.

6 minutes ago, Morris Wanchuk said:

I’ll save them the trouble, current facilities are appalling and any new stand would be a massive improvement, Wakefield need to stop talking and get building.

12 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Good old Wakey. Just a new stand now, is it?!

What happened to this?

F9138A02-A6DF-4F23-8AC4-5E54991A0981.jpeg

Somewhere, there must be a room, full of preliminary sketches, artists impressions, wild fantasys, of these grounds. Make a fine exhibition. ?

What games do people really think the club are playing? What benefit is their to the club to be playing out of a ######. Funding is even being cut now due to the dump. 

Ultimately there is a reason why there are now affiliated PDRL and womens rugby teams, a ladies football team and, despite reservations because of the figureheads behind it, a new mens Wakefield football team. It's to access the grants available to more than just a mens rugby club.

Ultimately time will tell whether it is successful, and Trinity supporters are as, if not more, sceptical about such prospects, but I think they will is here now.

13 minutes ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

What games do people really think the club are playing? What benefit is their to the club to be playing out of a ######. Funding is even being cut now due to the dump. 

Ultimately there is a reason why there are now affiliated PDRL and womens rugby teams, a ladies football team and, despite reservations because of the figureheads behind it, a new mens Wakefield football team. It's to access the grants available to more than just a mens rugby club.

Ultimately time will tell whether it is successful, and Trinity supporters are as, if not more, sceptical about such prospects, but I think they will is here now.

I really hope this happens, but Wakefield know full well that the Super League CEO has already said that he plans to crack down on clubs with poor facilities. So when clubs like Wakefield and Castleford put yet another proposal forward it has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Makes you wonder whether 10-15 years ago, the club could have simply got £3-5m from the council to build a 4k capacity new main stand and job would have been done.

13 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

That last line should have read 'the rest can trip up'. 

IMO if they dont propose to do any work on that side they dont deserve visiting fans.

15 hours ago, The Future is League said:

How long have we been waiting for all these upgrades to their ground.

They have been saying things like this for over 20 years and they was only allowed into Super League on the condition that they would upgrade their ground or move to a new one, and still we wait

What have we been saying for the last 20 years?

What were the actual conditions we were given to allow us into SL?

Up the Trin 

Archived