Wakefield plan a new stand.

On 27/08/2019 at 20:33, WakefieldCityLoyal said:

Have to disagree, Headingley is the best RL stadium in England in my opinion.  They’ve got the new stands for the modern facilities but kept its character that modern identikit stadia lack.  I don’t mind standing on the western terrace watching Wakefield win.

Up the Trin 

I’d be depressed playing at St Helens, Warrington and other identikit stadiums. These carbon copy boxes are devoid of any character.

Different sized stands (or at the very most have no more than two stands the same size), and with a different design. A stadium that looks unique so that it becomes identifiable with the club is vital. With identikit stadiums nothing says “this is St Helens”, “this is Warrington” etc etc, you could be at any club ground that has the same carbon copy.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/08/2019 at 20:35, Man of Kent said:

Good old Wakey. Just a new stand now, is it?!

What happened to this?

F9138A02-A6DF-4F23-8AC4-5E54991A0981.jpeg

Their current ground is superior. Facilities wise, no, but it has character that that stadium is devoid of.

2 hours ago, Lowdesert said:

Gossip on the LRL website that Cas have been given the '...green light to develop their own stadium'.

So, its a race.  Wakeys new stand, Cas new stadium and Bradfords new pitch.

And yes we have to laugh yes 

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

32 minutes ago, DC77 said:

I’d be depressed playing at St Helens, Warrington and other identikit stadiums. These carbon copy boxes are devoid of any character.

Different sized stands (or at the very most have no more than two stands the same size), and with a different design. A stadium that looks unique so that it becomes identifiable with the club is vital. With identikit stadiums nothing says “this is St Helens”, “this is Warrington” etc etc, you could be at any club ground that has the same carbon copy.

The I suggest you dig out your wallet then and pay the difference to add character.

50 minutes ago, DC77 said:

Yep your right.There is nothing in Superleague like Belle Vue that says dilapidated sh##hole.

On second thoughts,there is the jungle.

19 hours ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

In that a loan that the club are paying back. I would imagine until they do the land will automatically default to the council should the club go bust/cease to exist or no longer be able to afford the payments. 

Thanks.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived