Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sir Kevin Sinfield

Where should the Cup Final held

If the Cup Final is moved, where should it be held  

52 members have voted

  1. 1. If the Cup Final is moved, where should it be held

    • St James Park Newcastle
      8
    • Anfield Liverpool
      1
    • City of Manchester Stadium
      16
    • London Olympic Stadium
      2
    • Millennium Stadium Cardiff
      16
    • Emirates Stadium London
      0
    • Tottenham Hotspur Stadium London
      9


Recommended Posts

If the Cup Final is moved at the end of the current deal, where should it be held?

Wembley isn’t an option as this is a hypothetical poll on if the Final is moved.

Newcastle gets my vote, they have a thriving growing amateur scene and it’s a great stadium.

Edited by Sir Kevin Sinfield

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cardiff for me. Most people who went to the Magic weekends there seem to have enjoyed themselves, it's got decent transport links, capacity's OK and we're now scheduled for the middle of the Dark Side's close season. As for London grounds, we've been going to Wembley for over 90 years and it's done stuff all for the game's profile in the capital.

Edited by Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Cardiff for me. Most people who went to the Magic weekends there seem to have enjoyed themselves, it's got decent transport links, capacity's OK and we're now scheduled for the middle of the Dark Side's close season. As for London grounds, we've been going to Wembley for over 90 years and it's done stuff all for the game's profile in the capital.

Added to poll 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Those calling for a smaller London ground haven’t thought it through.

Absolutely correct. Wembley every time for me. Just wish the RFL wouldn't sell tickets in the upper tier before the lower ones have sold out. Would look miles better on TV and would add to the atmosphere in the stadium. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Treize Hombres said:

Absolutely correct. Wembley every time for me. Just wish the RFL wouldn't sell tickets in the upper tier before the lower ones have sold out. Would look miles better on TV and would add to the atmosphere in the stadium. 

Absolutely. My football team played Spurs in the FA Cup at Wembley a while ago and they did just that.

Makes for a much better atmosphere when fans are concentrated together instead of the dog’s breakfast we saw yesterday.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But seeing as the original question was a hypothetical one.....I would keep the final in London. Manchester has its RL showpiece game and the Anfield Magic weekend was nothing to shout about.

I'd give the CC semis to Newcastle as a double header. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd have to say keep Wembley; the strong link of the game there with CC & Internationals, the history of the Challenge Cup Final there......the iconic stadium, the legendary Wembley Way (Olympic Way) ....the Nations Capital and largest City. A lesser venue would mean devaluing the event and the entire competition even more. Would lessen prestige and lead to an even bigger decline in ticket sales. I'm certain the Challenge Cup Comp and Final Day can be rebuilt. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

An alternative would be to move the Challenge Cup from The RFL’s jurisdiction. 

Good call, its impossible for anyone else to do worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

An alternative would be to move the Challenge Cup from The RFL’s jurisdiction. 

Indeed.  However daft an idea that is, it is still an alternative. 


Four legs good - two legs bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Treize Hombres said:

But seeing as the original question was a hypothetical one.....I would keep the final in London. Manchester has its RL showpiece game and the Anfield Magic weekend was nothing to shout about.

I'd give the CC semis to Newcastle as a double header. 

I’d like to see the CC semis there in theory but considering there were only about 25k at Bolton this year it wouldn’t be great in a stadium the size of St James Park. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about adding an option to the above poll ... "Not to be moved from Wembley" so we can see how many want it to remain there ?

I know you said it's  hypothetical but unless you have a remain option then it's a bit of a loaded question.

Edited by RL does what Sky says
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Next season there could be an even smaller crowd if Toronto get promoted, spend 300 to go to wembley again or a little more and visit Toronto. Plus magic weekend, Catalans trip and grand final 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wembley.............

 

..............................of the North, surely?

Odsal is the only logical choice.

  • Haha 6

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...