• City of Manchester Stadium
    • London Olympic Stadium
    • Millennium Stadium Cardiff
    • Emirates Stadium London
    • Tottenham Hotspur Stadium London

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cardiff for me. Most people who went to the Magic weekends there seem to have enjoyed themselves, it's got decent transport links, capacity's OK and we're now scheduled for the middle of the Dark Side's close season. As for London grounds, we've been going to Wembley for over 90 years and it's done stuff all for the game's profile in the capital.

1 minute ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Cardiff for me. Most people who went to the Magic weekends there seem to have enjoyed themselves, it's got decent transport links, capacity's OK and we're now scheduled for the middle of the Dark Side's close season. As for London grounds, we've been going to Wembley for over 90 years and it's done stuff all for the game's profile in the capital.

Added to poll 

2 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Those calling for a smaller London ground haven’t thought it through.

Absolutely correct. Wembley every time for me. Just wish the RFL wouldn't sell tickets in the upper tier before the lower ones have sold out. Would look miles better on TV and would add to the atmosphere in the stadium. 

3 minutes ago, Treize Hombres said:

Absolutely correct. Wembley every time for me. Just wish the RFL wouldn't sell tickets in the upper tier before the lower ones have sold out. Would look miles better on TV and would add to the atmosphere in the stadium. 

Absolutely. My football team played Spurs in the FA Cup at Wembley a while ago and they did just that.

Makes for a much better atmosphere when fans are concentrated together instead of the dog’s breakfast we saw yesterday.

But seeing as the original question was a hypothetical one.....I would keep the final in London. Manchester has its RL showpiece game and the Anfield Magic weekend was nothing to shout about.

I'd give the CC semis to Newcastle as a double header. 

I'd have to say keep Wembley; the strong link of the game there with CC & Internationals, the history of the Challenge Cup Final there......the iconic stadium, the legendary Wembley Way (Olympic Way) ....the Nations Capital and largest City. A lesser venue would mean devaluing the event and the entire competition even more. Would lessen prestige and lead to an even bigger decline in ticket sales. I'm certain the Challenge Cup Comp and Final Day can be rebuilt. 

3 hours ago, Treize Hombres said:

But seeing as the original question was a hypothetical one.....I would keep the final in London. Manchester has its RL showpiece game and the Anfield Magic weekend was nothing to shout about.

I'd give the CC semis to Newcastle as a double header. 

I’d like to see the CC semis there in theory but considering there were only about 25k at Bolton this year it wouldn’t be great in a stadium the size of St James Park. 

Wembley.............

..............................of the North, surely?

Odsal is the only logical choice.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived