Featherstone match.

phildog

So, we've had a bad season and it wouldn't surprise me if our players don't follow this site due to the flying flak but I would just like to say this; for a few of you it would appear that this game will be the last time you pull on the Batley jersey on this historic ground so won't be here to help put things right next time. On top of the season's ills we have experienced the sad loss of a real prospect for us, young Archie. I pray that we will put a few things right on Sunday, play with resolve and determination and put on a show of team spirit, the club, from Kev Nicholas down to babes in arms, needs a shot in the arm and some encouragement.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can see louie maybe turning up.to show his future bosses what he can do . I think brown suspended manno out for season as got 3 match ban . We wont able to compete in the forwards I think harrison day and Davis will create havoc .too strong for us I think be nice to get a result but not be nilled again this season will be good tbh

It's just like your last day at work before moving on to your new job, when you put absolutely everything into it, much more than you ever did before.

Oh, hold on!!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

It's just like your last day at work before moving on to your new job, when you put absolutely everything into it, much more than you ever did before.

Oh, hold on!!

Personally I put the same effort in EVERY day - I don't want the shock of not working to kill me when I retire...........

3 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Personally I put the same effort in EVERY day - I don't want the shock of not working to kill me when I retire...........

Well, I've been retired some time and it hasn't done me any harm. At least that's what I keep telling folk.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Blind side johnny said:

Well, I've been retired some time and it hasn't done me any harm. At least that's what I keep telling folk.

I've been retired over 2 years.It's the best job I've ever had.If it wasn't for my missus finding loads of jobs for me.I would be on cloud 9.

Can't see us upsetting the apple cart in this one tbh. I had forecast us to score 6 on the Fev forum but it seems Featherstone are gracious enough to let us score around 12 so I'll go 

Dogs 12 Rovers 36

I'll be in Costa del Whitby anyway 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

7 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Can't see us upsetting the apple cart in this one tbh. I had forecast us to score 6 on the Fev forum but it seems Featherstone are gracious enough to let us score around 12 so I'll go 

Dogs 12 Rovers 36

Enjoy Piggy. Without Brown and Manning think Fev pack will have a field day. Sorry guys I'll go 10- 46.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

9 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Dogs 12 Rovers 36

Shame you've missed the good weather.

But then again I'm biased,I love the Yorkshire coast any time of year.

Enjoy your hols.

Agreed there is no upset scheduled, but you have to laugh at the select games highlighted in the Fev marketing. Going back to 2013 ?? but if you are going to visit that year why not mention THAT Flanny drop goal (and I don't mean against Leigh)??!!

To be fair I think it could be a Fev win by a margin 

It’s going to be a difficult difficult day just for the lads to get back on the pitch after what’s happened 

Whatever the result they need commended for coming together and getting out there to play

Come on Batley 

4 hours ago, coolie said:

I'll ring headingley

Now the test has finished

And ask them to drop the scoreboard off at Batley ????

Not a good idea Coolie. The Ashes test was scored by a staunch Batley fan...true....so it could be manipulated....if you see what I mean.??????

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

7 hours ago, coolie said:

I'll ring headingley

Now the test has finished

And ask them to drop the scoreboard off at Batley ????

Give up Coolie. We get enough flak for having  players from Headingley without having their cricket scoreboard as well?????By the way I think it will be a great game.

16 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

Give up Coolie. We get enough flak for having  players from Headingley without having their cricket scoreboard as well?????By the way I think it will be a great game.

Well if Batley ain't been greedy and knocked the £5 in for other season ticket holders ,I would have been there to cheers Batley on..

But raising it to £10  was a bridge to far

The tight lads of Earlsheaton ???

2 hours ago, phildog said:

Everybody forgeting the 2016 Challenge Cup win, the 8's win....

does seems a long time ago now, when we looked a quality side playing like a well oiled squad.

On paper Featherstone should be massive favourites for a win: they actually have something to play for in securing their top five place and are a form team at present. Batley would seem to be in danger of end of season syndrome with little to motivate the players other than pride. However, a combination of the recent tragic event coupled with a lessening of tension just might bring out an exceptional performance.

As Bi11 says this is a time for the fans to get behind the team in numbers.

Archived