Featherstone match.

phildog

Left after 10 minutes of second half, along with a good number of others. Totally disillusioned at Batleys ineptitude in attack and defence. Schoolboys are told to tackle, run hard and straight and back up......either the coach doesn't understand this simple philosophy or the players can't do any of it. Last time I will be at the Mount till I see some drastic changes in attitudes from within the club I'm  afraid to say!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

It was a difficult day for the Batley players to get up for this one. They shouldnt be judged at all on this performance. They got through a tough day. Good luck next season  ( Fev fan )

Surely professional pride should have ensured a better performance than the one they put up, irrespective of off field happenings.

1 hour ago, fredm said:

Surely professional pride should have ensured a better performance than the one they put up, irrespective of off field happenings.

if they couldent get up for todays game or the sheffield game with wembly at stake,they either cant get up or they simply dont care anymore,to me they have all looked well fed up for a long long time, cant be the coach as were told the players like him and the bod/charmain are so pleased diskins in for another 12 months,terrace will be bare.does anyone look round at the long time fans who simply aint here no more.:kolobok_read:

Silverback fans missing another season now that cretin has the nod for a 4th year. People think it's disrespectful to have an opinion at this moment over grieving of Archie and Bev. So when is it ok? I know I pulled folk for bickering at the time and it's been just a fortnight since Archie passed but we have to be allowed to express emotion. Fans are frustrated, angry, upset, bewildered. 

Ok then, the 2 guys were amazed at the thought of Matt Diskin getting a season extension, they seemed quite upset that the club which made them the players they are and gave them further opportunity is in open revolt, officials v fans. But I suppose you could have guessed that for yourselves. We are back to being RL's laughing stock.

That was the hardest afternoon that any of those players have felt pulling a Batley shirt on or any teams shirt come to that 

Two weeks have passed yes ONLY two weeks since that tragedy 

Do any of you know how those players felt  Did any of you ask them !!

No a certain minority didn’t ask them or put an arm around them  they decided to shout  obscenity’s at them  Get a grip !!

The performance was poor but our team was short of good players that didn’t help

Those lads are human they have feelings!!!

I know we always expect a result and no we didn’t get one today but this really has been an awful season for the club to go through mainly off the pitch 

These lads are only human remember this folks 

1 hour ago, doggystyle said:

Silverback fans missing another season now that cretin has the nod for a 4th year. People think it's disrespectful to have an opinion at this moment over grieving of Archie and Bev. So when is it ok? I know I pulled folk for bickering at the time and it's been just a fortnight since Archie passed but we have to be allowed to express emotion. Fans are frustrated, angry, upset, bewildered. 

Absolutely. 

The thing is regardless of this year's bereavement yesterday's result was a foregone conclusion. Thank god safety wasn't down to that fixture.

The rugby we are served is dire. The belief or execution is pedestrian. I was previously delighted with our squad a few bargain buckets but generally enough quality to compete.

Loosing 4 decent lads, 4 maybe retiring, 4 deemed not good enough..... that's potentially a lot to replace. Why not start from the top

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

8 hours ago, Johndeere said:

That was the hardest afternoon that any of those players have felt pulling a Batley shirt on or any teams shirt come to that 

No a certain minority didn’t ask them or put an arm around them  they decided to shout  obscenity’s at them  Get a grip !!

The performance was poor but our team was short of good players that didn’t help

I know we always expect a result and no we didn’t get one today but this really has been an awful season for the club to go through mainly off the pitch 

Agree with this, 100%. It's not even just the fact that they've lost a team-mate, it's compounded by the fact that were all there, and in a foreign country away from their families. We don't know the full circumstances of what happened, but it must have been absolutely horrific for those present, something that will live with them for the rest of their lives. Yesterday was charged with emotion, you could see it written all over their faces for the minutes applause and they pretty much left the pitch straight away at the end of the match, not that there were many left to cheer them off. 

Two weeks is no time at all in times of grief. Lets get this season over, let the lads that are returning have a rest and recover from what's been a truly awful season both on and off the pitch and see what next year brings. 

Sorry, excuses....If they couldn't get up for a cup semi-final leading to Wembley then couldn't get up for a game in honour of a lost colleague then what? Is it ok for the attitude to see the season out at Barrow? 

On 01/09/2019 at 23:13, Johndeere said:

it has been a terrible terrble few weeks yes, but you also must understand that this hasnt been going on for just a few weeks, this has been going on for 3 years

On 04/09/2019 at 19:19, stevieb said:

it has been a terrible terrble few weeks yes, but you also must understand that this hasnt been going on for just a few weeks, this has been going on for 3 years

Exactly Stevie. No-one is denying that the last few weeks will have been a very difficult experience for all those involved with the club. However, it doesn't excuse a 0-64 capitulation at home to a decent (but not world-beating) side. We've been poor for the vast majority of the season; and the last two.

Archived