Do any clubs run free coaching lessons for school kids?

A huge thank you to all those that help provide free coaching for kids.

The power of our game to transform kids lives is illustrated by this kids love of the game.

Paramedics have granted a dying boy's last wish to watch his junior rugby league team win their grand final.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7392075/Dying-boy-granted-final-wish-rugby-league-team-grand-final.html

Heart breaking tragedy.  RIP Jai Greene

Terminally ill youngster Jai Bruynius Greene had his two final wishes granted last Saturday

Dewsbury offer free coaching sessions for the juniors of local RL clubs under the guise of the Rampage Club.

They also run coaching workshops for all juniors in the summer holidays. Although these aren't free the charge is very low and, once again, was a sell-out this year

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

Most if not all clubs run Foundations/Trusts and community depts that engage with local schools and junior clubs 

Agree, but what my original point was the cost. There is a lot of kids from lets say humble backgrounds who would queue to get a Rugby League lesson for free.

There are kids who possibly wouldn't be fully aware of Rugby League who might turn up for coaching if it was free.

Just now, The Future is League said:

Agree, but what my original point was the cost. There is a lot of kids from lets say humble backgrounds who would queue to get a Rugby League lesson for free.

There are kids who possibly wouldn't be fully aware of Rugby League who might turn up for coaching if it was free.

Do they go to school ?

2 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

Not as many schools play our game as they did 20 years ago.

I'm not sure if any schools in Widnes anymore play our game, but i hope someone can prove me wrong

I didn't say the schools play RL , I said that most ( if not all ) RL clubs run some form of community engagement with their local schools , that normally revolves around RL 

I didn't say the schools play RL , I said that most ( if not all ) RL clubs run some form of community engagement with their local schools , that normally revolves around RL 

I was on about the cost.

Zero cost to the kids will attract more kids and discovering them gems out there.

5 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I was on about the cost.

Zero cost to the kids will attract more kids and discovering them gems out there.

And again , most if not all these community programmes are free to the schools , as most if not all are grant funded 

1 minute ago, The Future is League said:

and again not as many schools play Rugby League as they did 20 years.

Your OP didn't mention schools , it was a summer camp , so why are you going on about schools now ?

You asked if our current RL clubs do ' stuff ' like this ? , Ye they do , usually through schools and usually free 

Is that enough ?

I'm sure lots of clubs offer free coaching via the Sky Try programme. The key is to  encourage the children to then play RL on a regular basis.

At Hemel the Community Manager delivers free  6-week blocks to around 2,000 children each year in local schools. In addition they run School Holiday camps where participants pay. As a result , 152 players this season have registered to play for Hemel Stags (no relation to the lost but not lamented League 1 team) in the London Primary & Junior Rugby League competitions at U7, U9, U11, U12, U13, U14, U15, & U16 age groups

The Hemel Stags Community club - a major community enterprise  in Hemel Hempstead  - has operating costs in excess of £110,000 just to open its doors and the relative modest subs those players pay contribute to only a minor part of those costs

11 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Your OP didn't mention schools , it was a summer camp , so why are you going on about schools now ?

You asked if our current RL clubs do ' stuff ' like this ? , Ye they do , usually through schools and usually free 

Is that enough ?

You brought schools into the debate.

Keep up

8 hours ago, Hemel Rugby League said:

I'm sure lots of clubs offer free coaching via the Sky Try programme. The key is to  encourage the children to then play RL on a regular basis.

At Hemel the Community Manager delivers free  6-week blocks to around 2,000 children each year in local schools. In addition they run School Holiday camps where participants pay. As a result , 152 players this season have registered to play for Hemel Stags (no relation to the lost but not lamented League 1 team) in the London Primary & Junior Rugby League competitions at U7, U9, U11, U12, U13, U14, U15, & U16 age groups

The Hemel Stags Community club - a major community enterprise  in Hemel Hempstead  - has operating costs in excess of £110,000 just to open its doors and the relative modest subs those players pay contribute to only a minor part of those costs

The story of this clubs development is an heroic achievement, which should be studied, modelled and replicated across the land. The game should have a step by step "how to" guide, to inform, inspire, guide and steer any would be start up clubs. Come on Hemel, write your story?

From experience I know that Newcastle thunder have a community coach that goes out in to schools and does a session each week for a term. This was how my son and his friends started playing rugby league. I've also seen pictures on Twitter where players have been going out to help with the sessions.

2 hours ago, The Future is League said:

You brought schools into the debate.

Keep up

Right , I've explained it in very simple terms , so either you are very very stupid or having a childish giggle trying to wind me up , others can make their mind up which , so I'll leave it there 

Right , I've explained it in very simple terms , so either you are very very stupid or having a childish giggle trying to wind me up , others can make their mind up which , so I'll leave it there 

I'm not the one who's stupid. Take a look at yourself in the mirror. The mirror never lies.

26 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I'm not the one who's stupid. Take a look at yourself in the mirror. The mirror never lies.

29 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Er ..... are you both Saints fan upset by the result?

This is supposed to be about getting kids involved not being badly behaved parents on the touchline!

For Mine every SL club should have a kind of Magic Shirt video using clubs from their area, and if you know the Big Marn quiz with kids from schools and local clubs they could do that as well on their websites.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

9 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Er ..... are you both Saints fan upset by the result?

This is supposed to be about getting kids involved not being badly behaved parents on the touchline!

For Mine every SL club should have a kind of Magic Shirt video using clubs from their area, and if you know the Big Marn quiz with kids from schools and local clubs they could do that as well on their websites.

No , and I've answered the OP in simple terms explaining what the clubs do 

17 hours ago, The Future is League said:

and again not as many schools play Rugby League as they did 20 years.

I remember playing against St Bedes and St Michaels as a junior for my local school in Leigh,then in later years against Fairfield High ( I think that`s correct) sad to see if the decline in school RL is true.

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

Archived