Belmas and Gigot to leave Catalan,?

12 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Just in the local newspaper, the offers have been on the table for almost 2 months with no positive answer so they said the president has withdrawn the offers 

So what's the situation with Belmas? He seems to have been out of favour at the Dragons for a while now. 

I think belmas is in the same position marginet was in, not getting much game time, training 12 months of the year and paid very little and not paid enough to be full time but not enough time to have a job, and getting to an age where money is important as is your future, only my thoughts  but these are the reasons marginet stopped with the dragons. 

27 minutes ago, barnyia said:

I think belmas is in the same position marginet was in, not getting much game time, training 12 months of the year and paid very little and not paid enough to be full time but not enough time to have a job, and getting to an age where money is important as is your future, only my thoughts  but these are the reasons marginet stopped with the dragons. 

Do you mean Margalet? 

1 hour ago, The Daddy said:

What is it about Belmas that doesn't convince you? 

He just looks a bit lightweight and doesn’t make enough of an impact for a prop from what I’ve seen. He’s still young and time to develop but if he’s not getting the opportunity at the Dragons, it might be best to have some time away.

That said with Maria and Simon getting on, he might end up getting more opportunities if he stays next season

Easier said than done but the culture needs to change at Catalan - although I could say the same about a couple of english clubs. Quite how professional sportsmen can regularly act in such an unprofessional manner amazes me.

1 hour ago, getdownmonkeyman said:

I don’t think Gigot would be short of suitors.

I think he would. Not because of anything to do with him but more because teams already have options tied down for a while. 

Saints - Lomax, Wire - Ratchford, Wigan - Hardaker, Leeds - Walker, Hull - Shaul, Salford - Evalds.

That leaves Cas, Hull KR, Huddersfield, Wakefield and London. Wakefield are due to sign Walker from London and London have been linked with Ashall-Bolt at Widnes, leaving three sides. Personally can’t see Hull KR or Huddersfield being able to woo him, most likely I’d say would be Cas. Toronto? Possible.  

He could get an NRL deal. They’ve given worse players contracts than Gigot. I couldn’t see him being a regular starter but I wouldn’t be too surprised to see him given a chance. 

1 hour ago, getdownmonkeyman said:

I don’t think Gigot would be short of suitors.

If I were a club like Hull or Castleford, I would get on the phone to him right now. In the right mood, he is the x-factor that can win big games.

29 minutes ago, Scubby said:

If I were a club like Hull or Castleford, I would get on the phone to him right now. In the right mood, he is the x-factor that can win big games.

Gigot would probably suit Cas well. He would add to them well and Powell would probably get alot out of him. 

It will come down to wadges as he's likely to want a good salary and Cas correct me if I'm wrong watch the wadges. 

32 minutes ago, Scubby said:

And therein lies the problem with him. Those of us who saw him play for Skolars at Oxford know about his moods.

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

Eminence grise or in case of an agent, eminence greasy ?

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

4 hours ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

I think he would. Not because of anything to do with him but more because teams already have options tied down for a while. 

Saints - Lomax, Wire - Ratchford, Wigan - Hardaker, Leeds - Walker, Hull - Shaul, Salford - Evalds.

That leaves Cas, Hull KR, Huddersfield, Wakefield and London. Wakefield are due to sign Walker from London and London have been linked with Ashall-Bolt at Widnes, leaving three sides. Personally can’t see Hull KR or Huddersfield being able to woo him, most likely I’d say would be Cas. Toronto? Possible.  

He could get an NRL deal. They’ve given worse players contracts than Gigot. I couldn’t see him being a regular starter but I wouldn’t be too surprised to see him given a chance. 

I think you have failed to appreciate Gigot's ability to play fullback, centre and stand-off.

16 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Yes but he only wants to play full back, that's why he's sulking 

Crazy as I thought he was an excellent centre.

I don’t think he’s a good FB though.  

In another respect, he owes the Club for dragging him out of the wilderness through his own stupidity.  Where would he be now for Guasch legal support.  

Archived