2nd Round w/c Jan 20

3rd Round w/c Feb 3

4th Round Feb 22-23

5th Round w/c Mar 9

6th Round Apr 2-5

QF w/c May 4

SF Jun 6/7

Final Jul 18

An even bigger gap between the semis and final, then. Don’t really understand why.

The bigger gap between the semi and final makes sense to give people a better crack at organising travel/accommodation. Looks a bit tight between rounds 4 and 5 but other than that it looks reasonable and consistent to me, although the semi finals coming a week after Magic might be a big ask for some fans. 

5 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Don't know about other areas, but the Final's on the weekend after the schools break up for the summer here.

But at least you can target schools right up to the final, which is a change from August bank holiday.

22 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Don't know about other areas, but the Final's on the weekend after the schools break up for the summer here.

Same in Hull, although that could be good. Like said, you can still target the kids right up to the final. Plus, as a teacher, it feels like a good way to end the year to me!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

37 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

It's the weekend before schools break up in Cambs/Essex/Suffolk.

Decent gap between the semi-finals and the final helps with ticket sales IMO.

14 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

1st Round w/c Jan 6

2nd Round w/c Jan 20

3rd Round w/c Feb 3

4th Round Feb 22-23

5th Round w/c Mar 9

6th Round Apr 2-5

QF w/c May 4

SF Jun 6/7

Final Jul 18

An even bigger gap between the semis and final, then. Don’t really understand why.

Totally stupid scheduling.  A totally completely load of cobblers. Inept. Infantile.  Need I go on?  

Inept, imbecilic.   A complete load of ...

2 hours ago, Damien said:

It seems a bit daft starting January 6th when from the 5th round on is so spaced out anyway. There are the first 5 rounds crammed into 9 weeks then 4, including the final, in about 19 weeks

Exactly.

14 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

The bigger gap between the semi and final makes sense to give people a better crack at organising travel/accommodation. Looks a bit tight between rounds 4 and 5 but other than that it looks reasonable and consistent to me, although the semi finals coming a week after Magic might be a big ask for some fans. 

Why?

I can click on my computer and book a weekend break, just like that. Anywhere in the country or Europe, or the world for that matter.   The dates are there, irrespective to be of them having to be spaced out, or (more importantly) not. 

Any date that is listed is clear for everyone to see and can prepare. It does not need a months notice.  What this schedule does is totally get it forgotten by the general public in between rounds.

56 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

Why?

I can click on my computer and book a weekend break, just like that. Anywhere in the country or Europe, or the world for that matter.   The dates are there, irrespective to be of them having to be spaced out, or (more importantly) not. 

Any date that is listed is clear for everyone to see and can prepare. It does not need a months notice.  What this schedule does is totally get it forgotten by the general public in between rounds.

Because the vast majority of people who attend the final only decide to do so once their team has won the semi final. The more time that those clubs and fans can make the necessary preparations then the more likely they are to attend.

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Because the vast majority of people who attend the final only decide to do so once their team has won the semi final. The more time that those clubs and fans can make the necessary preparations then the more likely they are to attend.

The GF is played the week after the last semi.

Is every succeeding winner's fans going to wait 2 - 3 weeks before deciding to go to the game?  The dates will be set out early. 

The home fans after the next draw will not have far to go and mainly the farthest anyone has to go is from Cheshire to Humberside.  How big are most stadiums anyway??   We obsess about the M6 corridor... but setting a satnav is difficult?     I mean how parochial gan we get?

6 hours ago, Damien said:

It seems a bit daft starting January 6th when from the 5th round on is so spaced out anyway. There are the first 5 rounds crammed into 9 weeks then 4, including the final, in about 19 weeks

Trying to avoid too much disruption to the SL season I imagine; a game a month from Mar onwards...

43 minutes ago, Rupert Prince said:

The GF is played the week after the last semi.

Is every succeeding winner's fans going to wait 2 - 3 weeks before deciding to go to the game?  The dates will be set out early. 

The home fans after the next draw will not have far to go and mainly the farthest anyone has to go is from Cheshire to Humberside.  How big are most stadiums anyway??   We obsess about the M6 corridor... but setting a satnav is difficult?     I mean how parochial gan we get?

I’m referring only to the final, as I thought was clear in my earlier post. You’ve kind of answered your own point in mentioning the heartlands and the Grand Final, where accommodation is unlikely to be necessary and travel is generally a fixed price, a complete contrast to Wembley.

I’ve got back from London in the last 20 minutes. First Challenge Cup Final I’ve attended and I’ve got little change from £400, and that’s after booking train tickets (with a Railcard) the day they went on sale and spending two nights in a Travelodge in Cricklewood. We pre-booked everything in the hope of Leigh reaching the 1895 final but there’s no way on earth I’d get away with risking that sort of money every year as a “just in case” scenario. I’m sure plenty of others will be in the same boat and appreciate even that extra week or two to get a better chance of cheaper prices if they’re lucky enough to reach the final. 

18 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

1st Round w/c Jan 6

2nd Round w/c Jan 20

3rd Round w/c Feb 3

4th Round Feb 22-23

5th Round w/c Mar 9

6th Round Apr 2-5

QF w/c May 4

SF Jun 6/7

Final Jul 18

A attempt to sell more tickets I assume

What excuses will there be next year if attendance is poor? The whole thing needs marketing properly, pushing early bird deals, group discounts etc,  accommodation via booking.com is best way. No fees if you cancel over 48 hours before check in. What would attendance have been without 1895 final? Not much more than last years 50k 

Wonder if they'll play the Magic Weekend later in the season now with the Cup rounds being moved forward? Keeping it at the end of May bank holiday slot so close to the new CCSFs would be daft.

Thinking about it, if the Magic Weekend was this weekend just gone, you'd have had a pretty good attendance I reckon. The way this season has gone, people would be far more interested in watching every game as they ask affect your own much more at this stage. Might be a better slot for it.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Archived