Match Thread: Batley Bulldogs v Featherstone Rovers Sunday September 1st 2019

Think there is loads of pressure next week

Both us and Toulouse looking at securing home advantage though there is more pressure on them than us

Big pressure on Leigh too. Leighs hand has been forced next week also to probably field a stronger 17 at toronto than they probably imagined they would have to - they will be going there probably trying to get a win

Pressure may be off York depending on how the results go on the Sat - they will be going for 3rd possibly if we do the business

Masive week next week

Super performance today 

Doubt we will be chasing a win in Toronto next week , poor lacklustre performance today from Leigh , in the end it was a mistake by York that won them the game , a dropped pass by them going to ground ended up with them going through a gap and scoring , so that's 2 single point defeats to the Knights for us this year 

So looks like it's us both shooting it out for the chance to play at either York or Toulouse 

See you in a fortnight 

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Doubt we will be chasing a win in Toronto next week , poor lacklustre performance today from Leigh , in the end it was a mistake by York that won them the game , a dropped pass by them going to ground ended up with them going through a gap and scoring , so that's 2 single point defeats to the Knights for us this year 

I wouldn't worry about that, York haven't beaten anyone by more than a couple of points all season have they ?

17 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

No think Jamie Rooney has that record - got 42 vs haven a fair few years ago

Was it not Martin Pearson with 40 v Whitehaven. 

However Dane Chisholm has broke the record for Rovers today by scoring the most points in a game by an overseas player. 

2 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Nooooo. Very good effort by Chizzy but PeeWee once scored 40 points in a game v Haven and that was the record for ages. Not sure if Rooney or Finny ever got close. I'd have to check.

Jamie Rooney holds the record for Wakefield with 36 pts v Chorley lynx.

3 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Nooooo. Very good effort by Chizzy but PeeWee once scored 40 points in a game v Haven and that was the record for ages. Not sure if Rooney or Finny ever got close. I'd have to check.

I think you are correct with yhat Mark. One of our group said Martin Pearson, but couldn't remember who against.

On 01/09/2019 at 21:07, RobLambert said:

I wouldn't worry about that, York haven't beaten anyone by more than a couple of points all season have they ?

No. Just....

Dewsbury x 2, Bradford, Halifax, Sheffield, Barrow x 2, Swinton x 2, Widnes x 2, Batley, Rochdale x 2 and Featherstone. 

15 wins by more than a couple of points ?

On 01/09/2019 at 21:17, Andrew Vause said:

Was it not Martin Pearson with 40 v Whitehaven. 

However Dane Chisholm has broke the record for Rovers today by scoring the most points in a game by an overseas player. 

You are correct, Andrew. Yes, the record is Pearson's at 40, scored at home to Whitehaven on November 26, 1995. It was in that brief 'centenary' season just before the switch to summer rugby'. The 40 points came from 4 tries and 12 goals, Rovers winning the match 60-10. Jamie Rooney's highest was 32 (same as Chizzy) at home to Swinton on March 17, 2002. 

Liam Finn scored 34 points twice, and 32 points once. 

15 hours ago, AB Knight said:

No. Just....

Dewsbury x 2, Bradford, Halifax, Sheffield, Barrow x 2, Swinton x 2, Widnes x 2, Batley, Rochdale x 2 and Featherstone. 

15 wins by more than a couple of points ?

I didn't mean it literally but thanks for the stats that back up what I was thinking.....

....you've won an unusually high number of games by a small margin. ? 

On 05/09/2019 at 12:50, RobLambert said:

I didn't mean it literally but thanks for the stats that back up what I was thinking.....

....you've won an unusually high number of games by a small margin. ? 

Hopefully next season not so many close wins, I’ve aged about 10 years these last 2 seasons!

Not surprised about Batley parting with Diskin, a few good games but with the squad they had should’ve been much higher.

2 hours ago, AB Knight said:

Hopefully next season not so many close wins, I’ve aged about 10 years these last 2 seasons!

Not surprised about Batley parting with Diskin, a few good games but with the squad they had should’ve been much higher.

not much higher maybe one or two places remember  they only won 8 games last year as well!

Archived