New York/Ottawa Rugby League - signs of activity

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Themusician_2 said:

But you are trying to attract the new york market. This isn't new jersey rugby league.

It doesn't mater if they  come from Timbuctu so long as they come.Try and be a bit more positive, might lift your spirit

5 hours ago, frank said:

It doesn't mater if they  come from Timbuctu so long as they come.Try and be a bit more positive, might lift your spirit

Imagine 20,000 New Jersey people turned up. We'd have to refuse entry, or claim there was a mis-count, or that they were cardboard cut-outs, on free tickets! (Would the cardboard cut-outs need free tickets?) Anyway its just not right people from somewhere else coming to our games. Its pointless pretending they are really fans if they come from across the river, everyone knows that. So there you have it, I couldn't think of anything sensible to say but couldn't resist saying something daft. Something's better than nothing isn't it, even if it is salty tripe. 

4 hours ago, Themusician_2 said:

New yorkers won't got to new jersey for a sport they don't know that's the truth

You're probably right , but they'll go and watch gridiron there , so that explains plenty 

18 hours ago, Themusician_2 said:

New yorkers won't got to new jersey for a sport they don't know that's the truth

I would love a NY team, but this IS the truth. It takes a lot to get a New Yorker out to New Jersey.

I get the same feeling when I have to leave Toronto to go somewhere like Hamilton. I went for the rugby last weekend, what a nightmare trip it is. Stick to downtown stadiums, that is the trend in North America now.

7 hours ago, ojx said:

I would love a NY team, but this IS the truth. It takes a lot to get a New Yorker out to New Jersey.

I get the same feeling when I have to leave Toronto to go somewhere like Hamilton. I went for the rugby last weekend, what a nightmare trip it is. Stick to downtown stadiums, that is the trend in North America now.

typical toronto centric attitude.  Nightmare is having to travel to toronto from Hamilton in rush hour. 

7 hours ago, ojx said:

Look at how NYCFC quickly became more popular than Red Bull simply due to the fact they were based in New York even though Red Bull were more successful on the field.

Archived