New York/Ottawa Rugby League - signs of activity

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, ojx said:

I would love a NY team, but this IS the truth. It takes a lot to get a New Yorker out to New Jersey.

I get the same feeling when I have to leave Toronto to go somewhere like Hamilton. I went for the rugby last weekend, what a nightmare trip it is. Stick to downtown stadiums, that is the trend in North America now.

Oh come on now, that's gotta be one of the few times everyone else didn't have to go into Toronto for an event. 

13 hours ago, TheReaper said:

Oh come on now, that's gotta be one of the few times everyone else didn't have to go into Toronto for an event. 

I don't know how you all do it, but at least Lamport is next to a GO station. Tim Horton's Field has no such link.

17 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

typical toronto centric attitude.  Nightmare is having to travel to toronto from Hamilton in rush hour. 

There is a GO train that goes almost directly to the stadium. Commuting is a lifestyle choice, a personal preference for a larger residence over convenience.

Or maybe a constraint when a blue collar worker with kids could only afford a broom cupboard in Toronto. Glad its a choice for you.

Personally Id rather live in Baghdad than Toronto. The people in Baghdad are nice and they dont think the world revolves around them. Remember Toronto (original name York before political correctness kicked in) is the place where the mayor called in the army to shift their snow.....cant have those princesses shifting it themselves like the rest of the country.

19 hours ago, ojx said:

I don't know how you all do it, but at least Lamport is next to a GO station. Tim Horton's Field has no such link.

It may shock you,  but when an event is planned outside of Toronto,  the first concern isn't how people from Toronto will get to it ? it's for the people who aren't in Toronto. 

Besides, lots of Argos fans made it work today. Ultimately to leave disappointed ?

(all in good fun ojx. 38-27 has me in a good mood)

2 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Or maybe a constraint when a blue collar worker with kids could only afford a broom cupboard in Toronto. Glad its a choice for you.

Personally Id rather live in Baghdad than Toronto. The people in Baghdad are nice and they dont think the world revolves around them. Remember Toronto (original name York before political correctness kicked in) is the place where the mayor called in the army to shift their snow.....cant have those princesses shifting it themselves like the rest of the country.

Bunch of damn citidiots.....getting all the rest of us to pay for their free snow removal....whats next?....higher property taxes outside the GTA?  Stupid patronizing Conservative  political ads paid by the taxpayer on all gas pumps?

6 minutes ago, TheReaper said:

It may shock you,  but when an event is planned outside of Toronto,  the first concern isn't how people from Toronto will get to it ? it's for the people who aren't in Toronto. 

Besides, lots of Argos fans made it work today. Ultimately to leave disappointed ?

If I was a TiCats supporter I'd be worried about allowing the Argos 27 points.

16 minutes ago, Yorks Tim said:

They were being sold by the Proper Sport online shop but the site has a security certificate warning and I can't get it to load just now.

Google result

Yes, that mug's the item that stood out to me, but the link flags up an insecure connection.

To maintain relevance, perhaps there'll be an Ottawa mug along soon.

1 hour ago, Manxmanc said:

Yes, that mug's the item that stood out to me, but the link flags up an insecure connection.

To maintain relevance, perhaps there'll be an Ottawa mug along soon.

?

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

On 02/09/2019 at 15:59, Anita Bath said:

Personally Id rather live in Baghdad than Toronto. The people in Baghdad are nice and they dont think the world revolves around them.

Apart form the industrial wasteland and poor transportation links, I just remembered the other reason not to go to Hamilton: Sad and bitter people.

On 02/09/2019 at 18:49, TheReaper said:

Enjoy Mr. Reaper. I saw the highlights, looked like a great atmosphere.

Ottawa are only going into League One. They don't need to be SL or championship standard in year one. If they are admitted, they will surely get promoted at the first attempt.

On 03/09/2019 at 10:49, TheReaper said:

I'm glad you're not grim anyway.

2 hours ago, ojx said:

Apart form the industrial wasteland and poor transportation links, I just remembered the other reason not to go to Hamilton: Sad and bitter people.

Not only Hamilton folks who have experienced Toronto attitudes...I am in Australia but experienced it first hand.

Still saving that spot on Yonge for that Stanley Cup parade that never comes?

8 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Not only Hamilton folks who have experienced Toronto attitudes...I am in Australia but experienced it first hand.

Was your experience first hand, or on this forum? I'm pretty sure that if you came over for a game, you would find everyone very welcoming and friendly. Please don't judge a city of millions by whatever you experienced.

9 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Were you in Rosedale?...you must have been in Rosedale.

11 hours ago, ojx said:

Rugby league fans already then?

6 hours ago, John WP Fan said:

Was your experience first hand, or on this forum? I'm pretty sure that if you came over for a game, you would find everyone very welcoming and friendly. Please don't judge a city of millions by whatever you experienced.

Referring to the ojx attitude....and it was first hand.

If it aint in/from/about Toronto it aint worth bothering with. The big city with the small mind. An over generalisation  for sure but one shared by many Canadians.

Now back to that spot on Yonge Street and snow shifting.

24 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Any real news on Ottawa or New York?

Not a peep...Perez says he is ready to go but some minor details need to be ironed out at RL HQ.  

Reading between the lines I think Rimmer is trying to juice them like he has in the past with Toronto...putting everything at risk.

Ottawa should be in next year if anyone actually cares about keeping the momentum of the expansion going (which many it seems do not).  The bid is strong.

NY I'm not so sure about; problematic since the very beginning...Ottawa is by far superior.

Archived