New York/Ottawa Rugby League - signs of activity

I think either of those stadia would have much more appeal to a New York sports fan than schlepping all the way out to New Jersey. And it would be easier to recreate the TWP party atmosphere on campus.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Pah!  Here is the river Lea in Luton... 

572548_b410af28.jpg

I honestly don't know if this merits a 'ha-ha' reaction or a 'sad' reaction.

21 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Is anyone here slightly perturbed by the deathly silence bellowing from Ottawa and New York?

There’s over a year to go, they’re probably just getting on with it. Especially Ottawa, I can’t see Perez getting involved if it’s not going to happen. 

24 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Is anyone here slightly perturbed by the deathly silence bellowing from Ottawa and New York?

An article on the loverugbyleague site, refers to an expectation of Ottawa joining League 1 in 2021, with a club launch in spring 2020. It also mention's Eric Perez's desire to have more Canadian players on board.

15 minutes ago, Manxmanc said:

An article on the loverugbyleague site, refers to an expectation of Ottawa joining League 1 in 2021, with a club launch in spring 2020. It also mention's Eric Perez's desire to have more Canadian players on board.

That same article mentions Valencia Huracanes as wanting to join L1 in 2021.

1 hour ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

Just marvel in the splendour that is the 'Jewel of Bedfordshire' - Luton

But Luton is such a nice word.

And for sports fans it's perfect. All the Loonies from Luton chanting:

"LOOO-TUUUN!"

On 14/12/2019 at 00:20, Kayakman said:

I say let them have a good go at it...lots of hurdles to jump...the RFL and Sl should not be adding anymore into the mix due to greed.....I hope it works out for both clubs (literally the future of the game in England could actually depend on it!).

Hello K'man, the bit in bold are my sentinents entirely, but most probably a complete U-Turn for the reason you penned those words. 

I know that i have contradicted you and your fellow countrymen for your freeloading attitude of "we don't care where player's come from in any of our sports in Canada, we can't produce our own so we just buy them in" which brings me nicely round to two more N.A. (one Canadian one American) teams will be a drain on the already very meagre playing resources we have in the UK, I wish it was tbe other way around and we were awash with spare talent, but the simple truth is we ain't, and why I am on about simple truth's there are far to many of those from these shores who are banging the N.A. project who simply don't have a clue what the nature of our game is like where it really matters i.e. in the community game, the place where nearly every professional player originates from, they should talk to the guy's and ladies who put the time in then they just may learn something, we as a sport need to concentrate on this area of our game as our most urgent priority, without it, no professional game.

I know you have more than just a passing interest in politics and have followed our recent political scene to which I am going to make a comparrison, more N.A. club's will be as devastating to RL in the UK just as the emergence of Boris Johnson has been on the Labour party, Johnson coupled with the the stupid leadership of Corbyn his cohorts, ideas and policies is not to far removed from the RL's hierarchy decision making in that it is being done on a wing and a prayer, we do not yet know if your club is going to be beneficial or otherwise to the British game, lefting more clubs in before the prototype is proven is madness, hence your last statement could be oh so true.

2 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Ah, an enigma, wrapped up in a mystery. 

My words could also be a paradox, there is no mystery in what I wrote the evidence is there to be seen, trouble is Irish to many don't even realise the extent of the problem we have below the professional game and it is not improving each year it is declining a little more.

I would love to be proven wrong Irish, but unless we as a sport address the situation it ain't going to improve.

4 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Hello K'man, the bit in bold are my sentinents entirely, but most probably a complete U-Turn for the reason you penned those words. 

I know that i have contradicted you and your fellow countrymen for your freeloading attitude of "we don't care where player's come from in any of our sports in Canada, we can't produce our own so we just buy them in" which brings me nicely round to two more N.A. (one Canadian one American) teams will be a drain on the already very meagre playing resources we have in the UK, I wish it was tbe other way around and we were awash with spare talent, but the simple truth is we ain't, and why I am on about simple truth's there are far to many of those from these shores who are banging the N.A. project who simply don't have a clue what the nature of our game is like where it really matters i.e. in the community game, the place where nearly every professional player originates from, they should talk to the guy's and ladies who put the time in then they just may learn something, we as a sport need to concentrate on this area of our game as our most urgent priority, without it, no professional game.

I know you have more than just a passing interest in politics and have followed our recent political scene to which I am going to make a comparrison, more N.A. club's will be as devastating to RL in the UK just as the emergence of Boris Johnson has been on the Labour party, Johnson coupled with the the stupid leadership of Corbyn his cohorts, ideas and policies is not to far removed from the RL's hierarchy decision making in that it is being done on a wing and a prayer, we do not yet know if your club is going to be beneficial or otherwise to the British game, lefting more clubs in before the prototype is proven is madness, hence your last statement could be oh so true.

Turn that frown upside down Harry...FOR THE LOVE OF MIKE IT IS CHRISTMAS!

Certainly the grass roots need to be watered and fertilized...not one expansionist on here has ever said different...but be brave Harry...the game must grow or it will be like a grape withering on the vine...a nice looking plump grape at one time but not so pretty anymore.

When are you sending me a bottle of that fine French wine you like drinking anyway?....we don't get the good stuff over here in the far flung colonies!

MERRY XMAS HARRY!   BIG SNOWSTORM COMING IN TOMORROW!

HERE IS THE FORECAST:

Snow squalls expected tonight and Wednesday.

Snow squalls are expected to develop late this evening and persist throughout the day Wednesday. Total snowfall amounts of 20 to 40 cm are possible by Thursday morning with the heaviest amounts falling during the day Wednesday.

Northwest winds gusting to 60 km/h will also combine with the freshly fallen snow to produce widespread blowing snow.

Snow squalls are expected to gradually weaken Thursday, however, additional snowfall accumulations are possible.

Travel may be hazardous due to sudden changes in the weather. Road closures are possible. Consider postponing non-essential travel until conditions improve. Public Safety Canada encourages everyone to make an emergency plan and get an emergency kit with drinking water, food, medicine, a first-aid kit and a flashlight.

42 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

My words could also be a paradox, there is no mystery in what I wrote the evidence is there to be seen, trouble is Irish to many don't even realise the extent of the problem we have below the professional game and it is not improving each year it is declining a little more.

I would love to be proven wrong Irish, but unless we as a sport address the situation it ain't going to improve.

That is not the reason for the silence Harry...an opportunity is currently being missed in real time due to the poor governance of the sport...just too greedy (and afraid) is all....too bad really.

You should never look a gift horse in the mouth and then balk....just take the halter, say 'Thank You' and move on quickly before anyone tries to stop you.

There is only a small part of the window still open...MOVE MAN MOVE!!!!!!!!!

14 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Certainly the grass roots need to be watered and fertilized...not one expansionist on here has ever said different...but be brave Harry...the game must grow or it will be like a grape withering on the vine...a nice looking plump grape at one time but not so pretty anymore.

When are you sending me a bottle of that fine French wine you like drinking anyway?....we don't get the good stuff over here in the far flung colonies!

Please refer me to any of the NA project backers from these shores (I refuse to use the word 'expansion' that to me is getting more participants playing and therefore "expanding" the game) who have commented or expressed any concern at all about the state of Rugby League at grass roots level, they are as rare as rocking horse droppings!

And, don't even consider suggesting to me how it could be like a grape withering on the vine, no disrespect K'man but I am an eye witness of what is happening and have been so for a number of year's now, if the community game was an hospital patient it should be in the HDU (High Dependency Unit), the next ward is the Intensive Care. I am really concerned that so many people see this expansion (there said it) process is the saviour of our game, I would sooner we put the effort into sorting the game out at home first and foremost.

Fine French Wine, you are mixing me up with someone wealthy enough to purchase it, I just go for the plonk and the bottom of the barrel dregs varieties, Pigswill Vinyards is my favourtie.

39 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

That is not the reason for the silence Harry...an opportunity is currently being missed in real time due to the poor governance of the sport...just too greedy (and afraid) is all....too bad really.

You should never look a gift horse in the mouth and then balk....just take the halter, say 'Thank You' and move on quickly before anyone tries to stop you.

There is only a small part of the window still open...MOVE MAN MOVE!!!!!!!!!

Precisely what is the 'Thank You' we should say for?

Archived