New York/Ottawa Rugby League - signs of activity

On 20/12/2019 at 01:52, aj1908 said:

They get a lot of.bites though 

If I were a Canadian fan it would.wear me down and make me enjoy the sport less

They have literally no idea of who they are dealing with...WE ARE HOCKEY PEOPLE!   FORGIVE THEM RUGBY GODS FOR THEY DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY DO NOT KNOW.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Between Boston and NY,Toronto,Philly,Jacksonville and OttAwwa ? 

Certainly, an independent league would be very fine! But, I might suggest, a way off.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

8 hours ago, ojx said:

Update on Ottawa from Eric Perez (Howlin' Hour podcast):

• They will not be called the Stags, or have a name that is anyway Stag related.
  • Launch expected early 2020.
  • Claims they will have the best stadium in Northern Hemisphere RL, with the possible exception of Headingley.
  • Going to take their time to work up through the divisions, not a TWP style rampage.
  • When asked about NY he didn't know much about their plans. This shows a strange lack of communication. You would have thought two teams, supposedly entering the same year, would have much to learn and share from each other.

0:37:30

(Perez on Wolfpack haters)

"if you go on those forums, there's only 4 or 5 people who are the consistent haters. They sound like such losers." 

He's definitely been on this forum. 

1 hour ago, League of XIII said:

"if you go on those forums, there's only 4 or 5 people who are the consistent haters. They sound like such losers." 

You don't say...I wonder what his handle is?

religion-warns-warnings-tablets-commandments-don_t_say_i_didn_t_warn_you-12257813_low.jpg.bdbcb98a2a3a5346b7a93f3de554a4ca.jpg

8 hours ago, League of XIII said:

We all know who they are.

Funny how they have all gone quiet and all but disappeared. 

17 hours ago, ojx said:

• They will not be called the Stags, or have a name that is anyway Stag related.
  • Claims they will have the best stadium in Northern Hemisphere RL, with the possible exception of Headingley.
  • Going to take their time to work up through the divisions, not a TWP style rampage.
  • When asked about NY he didn't know much about their plans. This shows a strange lack of communication. You would have thought two teams, supposedly entering the same year, would have much to learn and share from each other.

Strange that they’re not aiming to whitewash everyone instantly. Or is that like the whole “5 year plan” TWP had?

18 hours ago, ojx said:

Thats a great podcast. Would love Leeds to have a similar fan made podcast, might start one myself, any other rhinos in?

20 hours ago, ojx said:

Good podcast, enjoyed it. 

It's fun and informal, and the hosts are passionate. But good lord, there were times I was wishing them to shut the hell up and let Mr Perez speak! They kept going off topic just when the chat was getting interesting. So many juicy missed opportunities (that's what she said). 

Perez though - cool as ####. What a hero. 

Not enough recognition is given for what he's achieved. Having a crazy dream... "a Super League team in Canada? Get outta town!" But against all the odds, he made it happen. What an inspiration. 

He makes rugby league sound like the coolest thing on the planet. His self-confidence and conviction is amazing. Seems like a funny, down to earth guy too. 

I would 100% fangirl out in the corner if I ever met him. 

58 minutes ago, League of XIII said:

He makes rugby league sound like the coolest thing on the planet.

This is probably why he attracts criticism, fancy believing TGG is simply the best, the heretic!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

8 hours ago, League of XIII said:

I would 100% fangirl out in the corner if I ever met him. 

I don't know what this means but I'd like to see it.

On 29/12/2019 at 08:23, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Strange that they’re not aiming to whitewash everyone instantly. Or is that like the whole “5 year plan” TWP had?

They may well be aiming to do that but it would be foolish of him to say it. 

6 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

That’s why I used the Toronto “5 year plan” example, they never said they wanted in to Super League immediately, despite it being evident in their recruitment and retention, they always referenced this five year plan. 

They could probably have said two years (their obvious intent) but then looked like idiots when they lost against London in the MPG. Perez was talking about big signings on the Howling Hour podcast, I expect they’ll be going for back to back promotions too. Hope so anyway, could be fun to watch. 

1 hour ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

That’s why I used the Toronto “5 year plan” example, they never said they wanted in to Super League immediately, despite it being evident in their recruitment and retention, they always referenced this five year plan. 

And the plan worked!  Those who fail to plan, plan to fail.

You can't truly enjoy the highs if you don't experience the lows also. We would all like to win but continual winning doesn't give the same as a win where it is not the norm. I am sure even though Salford didn't win the GF they enjoyed the play offs all the more as they don't do it every year.

9 minutes ago, Canis Lupus said:

You can't truly enjoy the highs if you don't experience the lows also. We would all like to win but continual winning doesn't give the same as a win where it is not the norm. I am sure even though Salford didn't win the GF they enjoyed the play offs all the more as they don't do it every year.

You obviously aren't a Wigan fan 

Archived