New York/Ottawa Rugby League - signs of activity

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Canis Lupus said:

We live in various parts of the GTA . Flying over for a long weekend . Will also catch Saints v Salford.

Get yourself into Liverpool. Great city these days. Sadly, St Helens is suffering as a town and the town centre is not a great place to be.

I would recommend paying a little more for the Saints game and taking in the 1873 Lounge at Saints. Three course meal, an excellent host, a host of current and ex-players in and out all evening and the best seats in the house. That or if you want a more authentic experience, go behind the sticks with the Saints fans. 

15 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Get yourself into Liverpool. Great city these days. Sadly, St Helens is suffering as a town and the town centre is not a great place to be.

I would recommend paying a little more for the Saints game and taking in the 1873 Lounge at Saints. Three course meal, an excellent host, a host of current and ex-players in and out all evening and the best seats in the house. That or if you want a more authentic experience, go behind the sticks with the Saints fans. 

Small parts of Liverpool are great but I wouldn’t recommend a lot of it to Canadian tourists!

13 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Small parts of Liverpool are great but I wouldn’t recommend a lot of it to Canadian tourists!

Keeping the best parts for yourselves now ain't ya?.....we are onto ya!

15 hours ago, CanadianRugger said:

Bring the two two three, with back up from ole twelve slug!

I don't think that these slackers will require anything more than #5 shot from the good old 12 gauge.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TboneFromTO said:

Not a fan of the guy.....

Me neither.

He left RL to go to a newly created AFL club that was strategically placed in RL territory and he must have known he was there purely to attract RL fans to try a new code.  He got paid a reputedly $1m a season to be the recruitment boy that was to bite the hand that had fed him.

Sod him.

Edit - I would have had no problem with going to the Waratahs straight from RL as the Waratahs were already established.

• 2 weeks later...

The Brand. The Rampage sounds good!

The branding is as iconic as New York City itself and includes a number of references to the city within its design and colours. 

and

"Now prepping the Ottawa franchise, Perez said he will step down from the Wolfpack’s board of directors while maintaining a minority ownership role. David Argyle, a Toronto-based Australian entrepreneur, heads up the Wolfpack ownership group. "

"Rugby league is the 13-man version of the game, distinct from 15-man rugby union. " 

I'll say ..... "It is, by a million miles, a better sport than union. League is 80 minutes of physicality, speed, good handling, good kicking. It’s continuous."

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

5 hours ago, Pulga said:

No way they can use "Bulls" playing in the same stadium as the New York Red Bulls.

Rampage is pretty cheesy.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived