Olly

Spike

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Olly wilkes has retired from pro rl, best of luck for the future, would like him to stay as assistant coach

He's been a great servant to Town and Rugby league with 500 odd professional games played, enjoy your retirement Olly and thanks for always giving 100% in a town shirt, a true professional. 

7 hours ago, Hate the rec said:

He's been a great servant to Town and Rugby league with 500 odd professional games played, enjoy your retirement Olly and thanks for always giving 100% in a town shirt, a true professional. 

Professional is the key word  class bloke and class player, enjoy your retirement marra ???

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Been a privilege having him at town, he's been an outstanding professional and a great servant to our sport. But he's definitely doing the right thing for his own health, good luck in the future and cheers for everything marra.... 

I can honestly say it has been a pleasure seeing Olly pull on the blue and white. He was an inspirational leader and never took a backward step even when his body was probably telling him something different. An absolute professional who now deserves all the plaudits coming his way. Thanks for your time in the blue and white, congratulations on a wonderful career and good luck and good health in the future.

Awesome player with a career to be proud of, but more importantly seems a really good bloke too. Gave his all for Town and put his hand up to play to get us out of the mire even when injured. Good luck to him whatever he chooses to do next in his life. Top man!

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Would have been good to have him back for the run in but obviously his health is paramount and when someone of Ollie's commitment decides to hang up his boots then there was clearly no alternative.  We were always a better side with him on the pitch and I wish him a happy retirement from the game. I have no doubt that he will find a way to stay involved off the field and he'll be an asset for some club.  

Inspirational leader from the front and by example . We were always better with him out there , he had such a reassuring presence as well as being able to drag us forward - literally . Must be held  together with sticky tape , so his decision is no surprise , but to play so many games in that position and to such a high and consistent standard says everything about the man

What a career. Cant remember him having a bad game. Very professional gentleman who will be missed I'm.sure by the playing group as well as everyone at the club. I hope he can still hang around the dressing room and guide us through the remainder of the season.

All the best in the next chapter of your life. Been a pleasure

Archived