Rugby League World Out Now! - Here's what's inside...

The terrifying presence of the Tongan Terminator, Manu Ma’u dominates the cover of Rugby League World this month, as he will surely dominate opponents in Super League next season when he joins Hull FC. Matt Shaw was brave enough to tackle him for an exclusive and searingly honest interview inside: you won’t want to miss it! 

In shops Friday 30th Aug, online from Thurs 29th Aug. Click here for full details on how & where to get a copy.

Scroll down for more info on what else is inside this issue...

spacer.png

Also inside this month...

We celebrate all that’s great about Rugby League in our Wembley Weekend special feature, with Warrington Wolves and Sheffield Eagles triumphant in the Challenge Cup and 1895 Cup finals, plus the Friday Night Lights at London Skolars and the London 9s.
Given this embarrassment of riches, we try to discover why Rugby League fans always seem so miserable about their sport in our latest Talking Point.
Another notable Rugby League hardman, Ryan Bailey is contemplating a return from retirement and we chat to him to find out why.
We also meet the Hardmans, Rugby League playing couple Ian and Amy.
Leeds Rhinos Challenge Cup winning women’s captain Courtney Hill answers your questions in our Quickfire Q & A and we also look back at a sensational day for the women’s game in Bolton.
We’ve got two Great Scotts! Scott Taylor talks to us about the rising number of Super League players giving back to the grassroots of the sport in the NCL and Scott Naylor reminisces about his Bradford Bulls days playing at Odsal as the famous old stadium looks likely to host Rugby League for the last time.
On the international scene, we’ve got stories from Italy, Lebanon, New York, Amsterdam and Canada plus our regular coverage from Wales, France and Australia.
There’s a lot more besides, including our Team of the Month selections and a Combined XIII from the northern powerhouse of Leeds.

Order your copy now!

42 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

How pathetic of a thread is this really. He's a human being for God sake. Not scary at all he'll be and probably back in NRL by April next year. The talk on here is  absolute tripe at times

Do forgive me for trying to talk the game up and sell our magazine.

Honestly, some folk.

You'll love the article inside the same issue asking why RL fans are such a bunch of moaners... ?

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

You'll love the article inside the same issue asking why RL fans are such a bunch of moaners...

Ooooh, I think you've gone too far now John. Positive, optimistic and forward thinking that's all we ever see on Total the forum, I'm shocked at your post.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

32 minutes ago, Ash Hope said:

Opposition forwards.

I wish he had done that for Parramatta for the last few years.

He is a solid agile worker with a good offload in traffic.

I would have liked him to stay at Parramatta but he was not a game breaker by any means.

I think he will do well at Hull, I wish him all the best.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

2 hours ago, Allora said:

I wish he had done that for Parramatta for the last few years.

He is a solid agile worker with a good offload in traffic.

I would have liked him to stay at Parramatta but he was not a game breaker by any means.

I think he will do well at Hull, I wish him all the best.

I've just interviewed Sika Manu today, the man he's replacing. Came over with a similar reputation and stayed for four years and had more dimensions to his game than just cracking blokes. Out-played Frank Pritchard.

Rugby League World writer

Twitter: @a_hope14
Mobile: iPhone 3

• John Drake changed the title to Rugby League World Out Today! - Here's what's inside...
  • John Drake pinned this topic
9 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Gunna sell loads when what most people will see on a shelf is “Rugby League is too negative”. 

Surely the magazine’s title should be at the top? Or is there a reason why it’s not? 

Many magazines have a strapline above the masthead with details of what's inside. RLW follows that tradition.

The Michael Carter quote is there to attract attention. It seems to have worked.

Inside the mag, the feature it relates to ponders why so many people associated with the sport are so bleedin' negative all the time when there's so much to be positive about.

Can't imagine where we got the inspiration for that from...

4 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Many magazines have a strapline above the masthead with details of what's inside. RLW follows that tradition.

The Michael Carter quote is there to attract attention. It seems to have worked.

Inside the mag, the feature it relates to ponders why so many people associated with the sport are so bleedin' negative all the time when there's so much to be positive about.

Can't imagine where we got the inspiration for that from...

Fair enough, was curious why it’s done as on a shelf, you’re unlikely to then see the title. 

Archived