R.L. World cup.

Seaton Sandy

Newcastle really have stolen our thunder now! 3 games of the World Cup will be played at Kingston Park as an alternative venue to the proposed Workington stadium. So ,not only have they  created pathways for the talented youth of Cumbria to their club they will now reap the rewards of having the eyes of the Rugby League wider community focused on their operation.      Are you watching Allerdale council?? Your myopic, politically toxic decision has left the sporting and community ambitions of the people you purport to represent in utter limbo.  

5 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Newcastle really have stolen our thunder now! 3 games of the World Cup will be played at Kingston Park as an alternative venue to the proposed Workington stadium. So ,not only have they  created pathways for the talented youth of Cumbria to their club they will now reap the rewards of having the eyes of the Rugby League wider community focused on their operation.      Are you watching Allerdale council?? Your myopic, politically toxic decision has left the sporting and community ambitions of the people you purport to represent in utter limbo.  

I've been sort of  following the whole thing...TRAGIC!

Well it has all been said but I am so angry about the new stadium not going ahead, now our 3 matches in the RLWC are going to Newcastle, hope Jenkinson and the rest of the incompetents at Allerdale are pleased with the way things are going, all that money will now be spent in the north East and not west Cumbria, they can’t even sort the bins problem out, pack of miserable no hopers.

The Independents or Incompetents as they should be called , when they cancelled the Stadium plans they said they couldn't go ahead with it .Bcause if it went #### up, the public would have to pay for it in council tax for years . Well you are still putting it up as announced ,you cant even sort out the bins  . So now Newcastle get the RLWC , the reason is, its got fantastic facilities ,York are adding 500 more seats to the new Stadium from the original plans before its even opened . And what do our idiots do ,make West Cumbria a laughing stock with no ambition . UNBELIEVEABLE 

Surprisingly the whole issue was flagged up on both Border Craic 'n' Deekaboot and Look North East. Maybe both local media agencies should press the creators of this shambles to explain their motivation on air!   The Jenkinson barrack room lawyer is overdue for a grilling - not just on the stadium debacle but regarding the ongoing refuse collection meltdown. Perhaps when he was performing his Machiavellian political shape-shifting he should have heeded the age -old wisdom " Be careful what you wish for" ?       Perhaps the mantle of office will prove hard to bear.............?

When Jenkinson and his puppets stopped the stadium to stick 2 fingers up at Labour/Smith & Fryer I dont think they realised how hated it would make them, and how many times it would be brought back into the limelight.

I'm sure they thought within a week or 2 everyone would forget but decisions like newcastle getting the games today just gets everyone angry again at the facilities and income the area has missed out on.

I imagine this will be 1000% worse in 2 years when newcastle have the worlds cameras on them watching world class rugby players play in front of thousands of fans. On the bright side by then my increased council tax might have paid for these clowns to have sorted the bins out

1 minute ago, town4me said:

He used to comment  on here! Funny he has  disappeared 

He used to comment on a lot of things, the silence would be funny if he hadn't basically singlehandedly ruined the future of sport in his own town. The town which he has tried getting in bed with every party going to get power of

17 hours ago, Carlisle1921 said:

He used to comment on a lot of things, the silence would be funny if he hadn't basically singlehandedly ruined the future of sport in his own town. The town which he has tried getting in bed with every party going to get power of

I wonder if he has been reigned in with his confrontational web exploits. Or maybe the penny has dropped that he was consistently showing himself up arguing with people and not being truthful. The best comment came from our leader Mrs Fitzgerald after agreeing for him to be deputy came out with that she has always held the view that party politics should not be used at council level while that imbecile is carrying on like he was. Whatever hes definitely a lot less active than he was.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Archived