29 Aug: SL: Salford Red Devils v Warrington Wolves KO 7.45pm (TV)

Who will win?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/08/19 at 18:45

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Salford looking under-cooked after 2 weeks off ...? given the thinking regarding Saints resting players and not playing the week before this totally dispells that cobblers.

Even despite Kendall helping Warrington in it and ignoring their flops etc at virtually every PTB Salford have never looked remotely troubled.

Bit harsh, the Warrington player was trying to wrestle the ball off him in a one on one so why should he think the tackle was complete.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, johnh1 said:

We have some decent signings for next year. No worries. Jacko will leave a big hole though.

Quite. While Hastings will be a loss, it does not look like the apocalyptic exodus that some hoped for.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, 7723 said:

What a terrible decision. Mamo was still trying to tackle and Evalds still trying to run. Should have let him play that.

You cant. You can only do that if the player hasn't heard a 'held'call from the ref. As he had hit the deck with a player on him it has to be a penalty I believe.

Just now, Dave T said:

You cant. You can only do that if the player hasn't heard a 'held'call from the ref. As he had hit the deck with a player on him it has to be a penalty I believe.

Surely though it could have been a penalty to Salford as well as Mamo was all over him.

3 minutes ago, 7723 said:

What a terrible decision. Mamo was still trying to tackle and Evalds still trying to run. Should have let him play that.

It was technically correct, ball playing arm hit the floor. First offence though was Warrington not releasing and letting him play the ball. Should have just said go back and play it. Surely both had not heard a call.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

The fightback has started!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

We were rubbish in the second half. Not sure what Sky thought they were getting by putting us on on the Thursday after Wembley, but hope they got it.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Warrington very very lucky there in the end. Had that penalty not been given, Salford were in a great position to score. A penalty for holding on would have even put them 2nd. Warrington could have ended up 5th after Sunday until then.

Very interesting run in, even if a certain Leigh fan doesn't think anyone is interested in the playoffs...

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

2 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

So proud of this group of players. We were told that we would be relegated at the start of the season. We have proved a few people wrong.

At one point, you were in discussions for the relegation spots. 6 wins on the bounce, you're in discussion for 2nd.

What a great season.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

5 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Warrington very very lucky there in the end. Had that penalty not been given, Salford were in a great position to score. A penalty for holding on would have even put them 2nd. Warrington could have ended up 5th after Sunday until then.

Very interesting run in, even if a certain Leigh fan doesn't think anyone is interested in the playoffs...

Mate, I know Bill is going on about who is 2nd place on points difference with 2-3 games left as if it is as important as the climate emergency, but I am less convinced.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

4 minutes ago, Chris22 said:

Incredible effort by Salford this year. Salford would be expected to win their remaining fixtures too.

They should be good for a play off spot and there won't be many who want to face them!

Beating Leeds away would be immense. We never beat Leeds at Headingley. Maybe next week. 

Archived