What RL memorabilia have you found at carboots, charity shops etc.??

I was at a carboot last weekend. There was a guy there selling hundreds of RL and football shirts, shorts, training wear and what have you. 

I got myself 3 old Hull shirts (2001, 2005, 2010) and a hoody (which I didn't buy the other year cos it was £40 new) all for £20. Another stall was selling loads of RL books and got myself 3 Hull books. I tell you, it was like Christmas and birthday rolled into one!! ?

It got me wondering what other bargains people have found in the past??

I've never found anything at any car boot sale - which isn't that surprising given that I live on the south coast - but fifteen or so years ago I did find and buy an England 1995 world cup shirt - the John Smith's one - from a local charity shop. I can't remember exactly what I paid, but I think it was something like £5. I remember being quite surprised to find one in there.

I visited the local tip a few years back. I drove there in my car with trailer and had a Hull FC badge hanging in my car. One of the high viz clad operatives passed a derogatory comment to me regarding my badge, presumably him being of Hull KR persuasion.

A short time later and I noticed him thumbing through a pile of dvds that someone had chucked out. My parting shot as I left was...

"I wouldn't bother looking through that lot mate, dvds weren't invented the last time Rovers won anything."

It made me laugh anyway...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived