• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i lived there for ten years and i reckon it could take off if a central ground could be found like the old olympic stadium or ajax,s old ground, if they are stilll standing?i was in holland when darts was only played in the boonies,now its massive.some big lads to choose from too .maybe mr koukash would be interested.heineken and amstel to sponsor,whats not to like? away support could be substantial.

Played in a schools Union tournament at Preston 35ish years ago. Ourselves and the Dutch National team lost in the Plate semis (losers consolation prize). They looked a decent side then. Not sure why it ( rugby in general that is ), never progressed there? 

That 's a fair question and I think you have to differentiate between Amsterdam and the Netherlands.  Amsterdam is an international city and their squad is very diverse. However, there are only three other teams in the Netherlands and if you are dependent on growth within the country then it will be a very long wait.  If Cobras really want to grow them they need to play more fixtures outside the Netherlands.  They have the potential but rereading the article the question is whether they have the ambition or are happy to be a big fish in a small pond.

What happened to the Brussels team that won the inaugural season of the Dutch League in 2015?

I like the idea of a BeNe league. Works great in ice hockey, should work in RL.

Other than that I don’t see where else the Cobras could look to expend. If only we had XIII teams in northern France…

Archived