Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Seaton Sandy

Hunslet

Recommended Posts

Any team news for the away game?  The jam have the West Wales easybeats and Newcastle should beat the other Welsh outfit. That leaves us with a possible banana skin at the East Leeds stadium?  Hope we can generate some momentum going into the last couple of games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Any team news for the away game?  The jam have the West Wales easybeats and Newcastle should beat the other Welsh outfit. That leaves us with a possible banana skin at the East Leeds stadium?  Hope we can generate some momentum going into the last couple of games. 

Team news? You will be lucky! Least we know big fui is back! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Town blue white said:

Team news? You will be lucky! Least we know big fui is back! 

The lines of communication seem to have dried up. Whatever is occurring with other sides is of secondary importance compared to our approach to the crucial play-off situation. We really need to pull out all the stops to try and get promotion from this dead-end division. It's a long shot but possible - another season down amongst the dead men could be terminal. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It won't be easy but if we can get the win.make a cracking last game against Doncaster, the winner of Doncaster game gets home advantage in playoff, hopefully the couple weeks off should have helped with a few injuries and niggles utt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have just had two weeks without a game, 3 weeks since our last game and we still can’t put out 17 players who take part.  All credit to the 15 players today but the big question is WHY at this stage of the season. 


I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagine what Chris could do with a full  pre season, and full squad. Look like we goner do it,got lads playing now if it's 15 players or 17 players.bring on the Dons. Beat The Dons now and we get home advantage in playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great result. Superb effort from the 15 that played. Well done boys and well done chris. 

Concerning bit was his interview afterwards? Regarding the last 4 or 5 days affecting preparations? Anyone any info?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, townie88 said:

Great result. Superb effort from the 15 that played. Well done boys and well done chris. 

Concerning bit was his interview afterwards? Regarding the last 4 or 5 days affecting preparations? Anyone any info?

My guess would be missing body's at training 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever has gone on I think someone at the club should either come out and say what it is or say nothing.  From what the coach said something happened that he didn’t like. 

  • Like 1

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DavidM said:

That was interesting . What’s been going on ?

Takes some weighing up. The pointy end of a largely forgettable season and we turn up for a pivotal game with 15! Big raps to the guys who did show up and get the win but if this is the situation going forward the playoffs are looking daunting. Thorman's post match comments weren't loaded with optimism either. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite a few times he’s cut a pretty exasperated figure in his interviews ! You’d think this year , at this level has been a fair eye opener for him . Quite frustrating for him , but makes his achievement in holding things steady overall pretty impressive . And credit to the guys turning out week in week out . At times it’s almost as if we’re fighting one arm tied behind our back . You just hope we can have a decent shot at what’s ahead with everything we can . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never heard the post match comments, what did Chris say? Think its about time we had a clear out of players who don't want to train ( if that is the problem).  Seems like the secret society down at DP. Come on WTRLFC what is going on - do you not want promotion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Takes some weighing up. The pointy end of a largely forgettable season and we turn up for a pivotal game with 15! Big raps to the guys who did show up and get the win but if this is the situation going forward the playoffs are looking daunting. Thorman's post match comments weren't loaded with optimism either. 

Every year we end up with no players and it only seems to happen to us 🤔


go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, town blue said:

Never heard the post match comments, what did Chris say? Think its about time we had a clear out of players who don't want to train ( if that is the problem).  Seems like the secret society down at DP. Come on WTRLFC what is going on - do you not want promotion?

Everything was going good until the last few days or so . Things he doesn’t want to go into . Praised the guys out there , particularly Dawson . Hopes he gets 1 or 2 back for next week .

Who knows ?

 

 

Edited by DavidM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's not see shadows folks.

We've had a retirement, injuries at training Friday and sickness overnight.

Enjoy the win and see you next week. 

Massive game v Doncaster, we need you to there. 

UTT 

#ourtown 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Onreport said:

What has happened with Tyllor Mellor? Been one of our standouts this year

Yes, nailed the fullback shirt and could switch to the edge when asked. Maybe his talent has been noticed by his parent club or possibly another outfit closer to home?  On the other hand he could just be injured?  We do miss him when he isn't there for sure. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Yes, nailed the fullback shirt and could switch to the edge when asked. Maybe his talent has been noticed by his parent club or possibly another outfit closer to home?  On the other hand he could just be injured?  We do miss him when he isn't there for sure. 

Parent club??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Town Army said:

Parent club??

Mellor originally came on loan from Huddersfield. They are currently up sh*t creek without a paddle. Get my drift??

 

14 minutes ago, WTRLFC WEBSITE said:

Let's not see shadows folks.

We've had a retirement, injuries at training Friday and sickness overnight.

Enjoy the win and see you next week. 

Massive game v Doncaster, we need you to there. 

UTT 

#ourtown 

 

The more light the fewer shadows..........

Edited by Seaton Sandy
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...