Championship on Sky

14 hours ago, SL17 said:

They can't ask, without giving them their money back. Although for me the streaming aspect of any sport involves the World Wide Web.. Which to my understanding still isn't owned by anyone.

Sky own the rights to the coverage not the internet.

When does the current deal end?   I assume any new deal will be done by Elstone for SL only so as it stands the chances of a TV deal for Championship clubs is low.

Fev have a subscription online tv channel which currently only shows games delayed because they aren't allowed to stream Live because Sky own the rights......... I'd hope once the sky deal ends teams will be able the stream live games to sell to their fanbases.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, tuutaisrambo said:

Sky own the rights to the coverage not the internet.

When does the current deal end?   I assume any new deal will be done by Elstone for SL only so as it stands the chances of a TV deal for Championship clubs is low.

Fev have a subscription online tv channel which currently only shows games delayed because they aren't allowed to stream Live because Sky own the rights......... I'd hope once the sky deal ends teams will be able the stream live games to sell to their fanbases.

I suppose it is an interesting one. What is the trade off between limited exposure and a few quid.

For example, let's say Sky offered a hundred grand each per Championship club, to own the rights but still only allow current levels of coverage, i.e. Bash, Playoffs, Grand Final and OurLeague weekly games.

Would the clubs take the £100k each, or would they want to retain the rights themselves. Let's work on the assumption that nobody else is offering owt. 

I think it would be an interesting discussion that,.

9 hours ago, SL17 said:

The cost (Tax included) for an adult member is $309. Do you have dispensation?

Edit: No rush on replying.

Current members who renew before October 9th get the lower rate of $269 ($135 for kids & seniors). We also got an extra day to sign up while the free jerseys were on offer (first 100 renewals only, and they got snapped up very quickly).

9 hours ago, SL17 said:

The cost (Tax included) for an adult member is $309. Do you have dispensation?

Edit: No rush on replying.

Existing season ticket holder early bird discount.

P.S. Don't tell anybody.

1 minute ago, SL17 said:

The point being TWP is in no mans land,yet they promote season tickets now not knowing what league they will be in.

As I said that wouldn’t happen here as people just wouldn’t buy them until they knew the outcome.

Different sporting culture....it wouldn't matter to me if they were going down to League 1...they could triple the price....I will always buy my seasons tickets and support the Pack.

38 minutes ago, SL17 said:

The point being TWP is in no mans land,yet they promote season tickets now not knowing what league they will be in.

As I said that wouldn’t happen here as people just wouldn’t buy them until they knew the outcome.

I can see how it seems a bit strange that the pricing is set before we know where we're playing. From our perspective, the value is excellent either way. We will all be terribly disappointed if we don't earn promotion, but if that happens we will pick ourselves back up again and carry on. I don't think many are waiting to see before renewing.

49 minutes ago, John WP Fan said:

I can see how it seems a bit strange that the pricing is set before we know where we're playing. From our perspective, the value is excellent either way. We will all be terribly disappointed if we don't earn promotion, but if that happens we will pick ourselves back up again and carry on. I don't think many are waiting to see before renewing.

Totally agree with this and Kayakman's comments. Doesn't matter which league we will be there . Bonus if SL but if not it won't stop us turning up to Lamport . Season tickets are well priced for whichever league we are in.

21 hours ago, Kayakman said:

True enough...I wonder if Mad was even sold in England?

A lack of research again KM?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, SL17 said:

Bradford have been selling season tickets and haven't yet signed an agreement for a ground. No ground, no RL.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, Smudger06 said:

https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/booking/venueplan/TmOMvrKasFHD

Looks like approx. 325 Canadian Dollars for Standing. 

Not bad...not bad.   A good seat for a Raptors game (1 game) is 300-400, Leafs are probably something the same.

$300-$400 for a season ticket in any sport over here is considered to be a steal....a real deal.

6 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Not bad...not bad.   A good seat for a Raptors game (1 game) is 300-400, Leafs are probably something the same.

$300-$400 for a season ticket in any sport over here is considered to be a steal....a real deal.

People pay over 200 quid to watch a game of Basketball ? , Madness 

On 04/09/2019 at 22:25, Kayakman said:

True enough...I wonder if Mad was even sold in England?

For information I was buying the magazine in Manchester in 1965. Should have kept a copy!

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

For information I was buying the magazine in Manchester in 1965. Should have kept a copy!

I loved that magazine...the greatest humour!  You should have saved that copy!

2 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

Bundle them up with SL and either sell them to Sky for a sky sports rugby league channel or bundle them up with the SL content that isn't of Sky and sell them through a streaming platform. 

Sky could probably do a "Rugby" channel and include League on that, if, and only if, there were no Union games being played. What would they show during our off-season? Wall-to-wall Union, on-season? Wall-to-wall Union with a Thursday & Friday game of League.

Just now, Man of Kent said:

‘League cup games’?

Since it is scotchy we are talking about here I'm assuming it's an umbrella term encompassing the CC and 1895 cups

3 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Ah. A figment of his over-extended imagination then.

Why not?  Branch them together and the winner of the 1895 to play the winner of the CC in some sort of cup winners cup lol

7 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Its not too difficult to imagine considering some 1895 cup games were played midweek

Fantasyland. 

Fox League pads out its coverage with weekday nightly news bulletins & analysis plus magazine/chat/interview show formats and ‘comedy’.

Sky isn’t to going to fund that for British RL so we’ll be on SS Arena etc for a while yet. 

1 hour ago, scotchy1 said:

Why would they show wall to all Union if they own all the league content? 

There is comfortably enough live content available, there is a tonne of secondary content we could largely steal from the NRL, a few of ours and you have a good, full, RL channel. 

If we don't we will continue to get bounced around and lose viewers as the landscape atomises. The question isn't really would this have value, or even would it pay for itself. Its whether the game (and by that I mean all levels) would be prepared to do the things they need to do to create a compelling product. 

Though this is a game where a sizable minority have the ridiculous idea that the 2nd tier and 1st tier are going to swap places if only they will it hard enough among other strange self-sabotaging principles, so we don't really seem capable of doing anything remotely ambitious for any reason. 

An 'RL Package' whether as a Sky Sports channel, its own channel or a streaming option that could be grafted on to other OTP platforms, could very easily have (with 14 teams is SL, adding Toulouse and Toronto to SL and Ottawa in a 14 team championship) 

Thursday Morning NRL, Thursday evening SL, Friday morning 2 NRL games, 1 SL game, Saturday 3 NRL games finishing at 1pm, then CHampionship game, SL France away, SL France home, SL Canada home or away at 8pm. Sunday 2 NRL games, 2 SL games, Ottawa Home games from the championship. Monday Championship game. 15 games a week. 

Then you can have league cup games Tuesday Wednesday, maybe some L1 games and championship games on CC weekends, highlights packages, etc etc. 

Certainly not the worst suggestion I've seen on here 

Archived